Sending credit card approval information by email

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazwolf

Hi
I need some advice. I want to order some LED bargraph meters from what appears to be a new company called primeled. They do a 26 segment bi colour bargraph that will fit vertically in a 1u rack.
I am want to use it for a compressor, green vu audio in and red for gainvreduction superimposed on the green vu signal.

Iam in sweden , company is in us, they want me to email a credit card authorisation form with all cc details including the 3 digits on the back of the card by email to them, i faxed them the info but they are unsatisfied and want it by email, i dont think it is prudent to send that info by email, opinions?

The led bargraphs look amazing check them out on http://www.primeled.com/

/taz

tazwolf said:
Iam in sweden , company is in us, they want me to email a credit card authorisation form with all cc details including the 3 digits on the back of the card by email to them, i faxed them the info but they are unsatisfied and want it by email, i dont think it is prudent to send that info by email, opinions?

Under no circumstances. Never.

I would have not faxed them either.

They want to be safe which is their right but at your risk.

Agreed do not do it...

Look for a more secure method... while some dislike paypal, that is pretty secure.

email can be hacked

It is safer to give them the information verbally over the phone but only because it takes too much effort to tap telephones to extract such data.

Can you mail them a money order?

JR

If you faxed them the info why do they insist on you sending it again via email?
The fax should have sufficed.  Don't send CC data in an email. 

Thanks for the advice, feel a bit stupid, should not have faxed my details.
As why they want me to email-

Hi
Its ok, the postman should figure it out.

Did you get my FAX for the CC approval ok?

regards

Primeled.com
8:14 PM (13 hours ago)

to me
No can u please send to my email.

http://www.barmeter.com/en/productlist.asp?ClassID=10&typeID=45&xiajiID=1
Try these, just put 4 in an API pre, mode control on the display for dot peak, normal, with a very fast response time.
Available on Ebay..... pay with PP
I am very impressed with these.
Email cc ...no way

Hi Bruno
Do you mean the primeled or the barmeter?
Both work for me.
Just started looking at barmeter, pretty big selection, some good stuff there.
/Taz

Whenever I've been asked to do that I make a PDF or jpeg of the info and send it as an attachment. I don't know how fool proof it is but it makes me feel better.

Ye olde' euro vacation reservation method used to be 2 emails, part of data in each one.  PDF image makes sense too. 

I think you can order a simple debit card with free service and to use it for similar cases. Just fill up to the required amount.

Back