Sennheiser MKH416T mic noise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mendelt

A friend of mine has two of these without a T-Power supply. So last week we built a Phantom to T-Power converter from this site http://www.uneeda-audio.com/phantom/p48t122.jpg And it works great.

The only problem is that while one of the mics sounds real clean en quiet the other one has a real harsh ugly top end and makes a kind of sputtering noise.
Could this be because the previous owner fried the mic with 48v phantom? Has anyone got schematics of this microphone? I tried mailing sennheiser but I didn't get a reply yet.

A good deed on the old mkh's is too change all the tantalum capacitors.

And also you need to adjust the DC ofset on the capsule, This is done by measuring between the two testpins on the solder side and carefully turning the core of the coil closest to the capsule.
Adust for 0V

I dont have the schamatics here but i could get them for you in a day or two.

This is usefull info.

adjusting the DC-ofset looks looks like an easy job. I'll try that first.

Replacing all the tantalums is probably something i should not do till i have a good desoldering station.

But the schematics would be really usefull. I hope i can use them to find if there are parts misbehaving without having to desolder them all first.

Thanks!

A good deed on the old mkh's is too change all the tantalum capacitors.

And also you need to adjust the DC ofset on the capsule, This is done by measuring between the two testpins on the solder side and carefully turning the core of the coil closest to the capsule.
Adust for 0V

I dont have the schamatics here but i could get them for you in a day or two.
Hello, can you help me on circuit diagram of MKH416 P48?
Kind regards

Johnny Peeters

Back