SERPENT AUDIO - SB4000 / SA-3A / SEND 'N BLEND (FINAL STOCK)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckus328

Announcement: March 13, 2018 -

It is with regret that I am announcing Serpent will be discontinuing our DIY offerings once existing stock is diminished.  Unfortunately with demand for our Commercial line of products quickly expanding, along with decreased interest in our DIY projects over the last couple of years, I simply don't have the time to support these DIY projects any longer.  We've had a nice run, and I'd like to thank everyone who has supported us and built an SB4000, SA-3A, or Send B Blend through the years.  If you've been thinking about purchasing one of these items then now is the time, as once the existing stock is gone that will be it.  We still have the following in stock which can be purchased on our webstore at www.serpentaudio.com :

SB4000 Kits
SB4000 PCB's
SB4000 Front Panels
SA-3A PCB's
SA-3A Front Panels
Send N Blend PCB's

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the official white Market Thread for Serpent Audio™.  All orders should now be placed on our website at www.serpentaudio.com  Credit cards can now be accepted, when you complete checkout and are directed to the paypal login page just click "Don't have a paypal account" to pay via credit card instead.

Any future inquiries should be sent to [email protected]

Now for the fun stuff!

SEND 'N BLEND (4 CHANNEL UNIVERSAL MIX/BLEND CONTROL):

Boards are now available on our website, support thread is located at:

SnB_Large.jpg

Prices:
SnB Board: $50 + Shipping
Additional SnB Boards: $45 + shipping

SB4000 (STEREO VCA BUSS COMPRESSOR)

SB4000-2.jpg

The SB4000 is a Next Generation GSSL Clone, and features turbo, 2 x SSC, true bypass, bargraph level meter, redesigned power supply, support for THAT218X & DBX202X, and more.  VERY easy to build and VERY easy to wire.

Support thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=39517.0

Production Boards are Red, 2oz gold plated copper, tab route, high quality.  Three (3) boards included - Main Board, Control Board, And Power Supply Board.

High Quality 1U Front Panels can be used with most cases, and have predrilled pilot holes for both Parmetal and Modushop 1U chassis.

PRICING (ALL PRICES SHOWN ARE IN US DOLLARS):

SB4000 Boards (Main, Control, & PSU) - $60USD + Shipping

SB4000 Back/White Silk 1U Aluminum Front Panel - $60USD + Shipping

QUAD VCA ADAPTER BOARDS

Quad VCA Adapter board for SB4000 or GSSL.  Increases signal to noise ratio and improves dynamic range.  These are the only version available that contain all needed parts onboard.

QUAD_VCA_FULL.jpg

Quad VCA Board (Pair): $12 + Shipping

SA-3A (All Discrete Dual Mono/Stereo Opto Compressor)

SA-3A_Website_Med.jpg

SA-3A PCB's & front panels are available.

DISCLAIMER:

Proceed at your own risk - I can not be responsible for your safety.  As with all DIY's please exhibit common sense saftey precautions when working with electronics.  If you don't know, ASK!  Please do not put any copyright logo's / names on your units.  I don't care if you build and sell them to friends, but do so legally.  However I do not concent to any advertised commercial sales of finished units using my designs, and absolutely not with the use of my faceplates.  If you are looking for a finished unit please contact me direct.

excellent work. I will send you payment for one set: pcb's & front panel  $111 USD. Thank you kindly..

about time! :)  will take a board to get me started, possibly 2 and maybe a front panel so I can build it with all the extras and not have to use my hacksaw. nice work!

$111 sent for one kit. Thanks a million! (Rocketmusic/DJH Group)

Ptownkid, will you be offering complete kits (parts/trannies etc) or PCB/front plate kits?

Thanks
Sean

Parts only, Mike is handling the boards and faceplates. The kit will contain everything needed to build the whole unit except transformer, iec inlet, and knobs.

Latest posts

Back