Shuguang tubes, any experience with their EF86?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
Thanks for the tip about NOS Tesla E88CC. I will look out for them. I think i may have bought a couple from Langrex.

I never understood how NOS tubes suddenly became available with gold pins. I have been using tubes since the early 60s and I do not ever recall seeing ones with gold pins. I suspect this is a modern audiiophool thing. To me, any NOS tube with gold pins is suspicious.

Cheers

IAn

Sudden flods of gold pin E88CC Tesla is very, very suspicious. How is it possible that 10-7 years ago everyone talked about them as "pinacle of tube production, even Telefunken bought from them, etc", but now they don't cost much more than silver pin and are a lot more common than they used to be? Seller who sold me many good Eastern tubes like this said that stocks in that part of the world are mostly all sold, or got way too expensive. Iron curtain is long gone, guess many of those countries sold good material when times were not as good for them as are now.
When searching i don't even loose time looking at gold pin Tesla because it makes me think stocks of very good tubes should get smaller with time. I used to know only about yellow printing ones with sword and normally in original box, now printing can be of any color and fonts which for sure wasn't so before. Also, often red stories about Tesla making them for Polish post, didn't see this on eBay adds.
Many or most are fakes, still old Tesla because i haven't seen or imagine how is possible to fake black shield inside tube. JJ doesn't have it and several construction parts are different. I'm sure it is possible to get good deals on silver pins if buying at least 10 or so.

Back