simple circuit for usb mic conversion [studio keys sl300]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmc3

Can some1 please help me out buy directing me to a simple circuit that I can play around with to replace the  usb adac board in a 'editors keys sl300' after hours of trawling the web my mind has turned to mush......
the mic has a good body and chassis and has a 34mm capsule
the board which has -10db pad and low cut had a 5v feed from the usb board
i would like to run the mic from 'phantom'
21032013689.jpg

I have in the past converted 'blue snowball ice usb' to run on phantom power using this circuit
which now works nice as a overhead mic or hi-hat mic when using for live sound
and built a few mics using the 'wm-61a' capsule
mic_wm-61a_corrected.gif

after years of breaking things thought i'd better start making stuff
thanks in advance for any help & please be patient with my poor physics knowledge 

Use the body, the capsule and the switches and build your own circuit.
I would try the classical 'Schoeps' circuit. It is not too complicated and gives good results.

That looks to be a K-67 style capsule. A Shoepes circuit is going to make that capsule a bit harsh. Some sort of de-emphasis circuit like the U-87 would better suit it.

-James-

many thanks for your helpful direction/s/ - i finally built something using the Scott Dorsey published -circuit
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/shanghaimic.html#errata
and am pleasantly surprised on how good it sounds [as a starting point]
- id like to develop ideas about improving feedback response [as in live re-enforcement]
- the mic as is has quite a high max spl - i dont often ask guitarist to turn up amps [infact usual the oposite ;) - but no matter the mic refused  to distort

some picture of the finished [at the moment] mic

Latest posts

Back