Simple DiodeBridge Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the meter driver, always thanks to super Heikki
just change values according to your meter sensitivity.

Attachments

• single meter.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 38
the signal path....
in the meanwhile it can be builded, now you get all parts, from meter to SC and SumAmp.
for the last one, please let me know if is better to leave as it is, or going for mods
in the SC part can be ease added the Auto set with a jumper and switch, for the moment... even for this let me know your suggestions for this implementation especially for longer release time
best
richi

Attachments

• signalPath.png
    signalPath.png
    279.7 KB · Views: 56
  • dsB-signalPath.pdf
    115.1 KB · Views: 51
  • in_polarity.png
    in_polarity.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 73
this is the idea about MS matrix....
really don t know if i m missing something or to complex to achieve
i d like to realize something simple to implement
thanks in advance for your suggestions
cheers

Attachments

• MidSideMatrix_idea.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 59
I m not so knoleged but replacing diodes means having a different Vca, and so a different machine... Isn t it?

I m not so knoleged but replacing diodes means having a different Vca, and so a different machine... Isn t it?
The intrinsic dynamic resistance of a PN junction is 26.10-3/Id, so all diodes should be more or less equal. The differences are essentially in the spreading resistance, which is the sum of all the parasitic resistances, and capacitance. This resistance is usually quite low. For a1N4148, the effect of it appears at about 100mA, where the dynamic resistance is about 0.25 ohm., very far away from the typical operation area in a diode compressor.

This forum is Great! each day i m learning something new...
Thank you all for your support and knowledge.
i d like to better understand this concept but to hard for a beginner like me...
so wich could be the proper dynamic resistance for this kind of application?
best
richi

The intrinsic dynamic resistance of a PN junction is 26.10-3/Id, so all diodes should be more or less equal. The differences are essentially in the spreading resistance, which is the sum of all the parasitic resistances, and capacitance. This resistance is usually quite low. For a1N4148, the effect of it appears at about 100mA, where the dynamic resistance is about 0.25 ohm., very far away from the typical operation area in a diode compressor.
hi Abbey road,
the sum of all the parasitic resistances, and capacitance is refferred to this:
since we put both ac and dc to diodes, where dc part is the rectified one from sidechain. varying dc we change the impedance of diodes, so attenuation....
ac is well attenuated before going to vca, to avoid distortion...
instead to avoid noise we run balanced, right?
my console have unbal send and ret , and didn t noticed noise, but still have to perform noise and thd measurment.
on old devices , for example u273 b, noticed that it s using both silicon and germanium, is it a way to lower resistance slope and so distortion?
thanks in advance for your support
best
richi

Back