simple stuff but not for me

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIDVOX

im a mechanical engineer not a wire man or circuit builder and my undersanding of semi conductors is very limitef, so i would be greatfull for some help. i hope to fit a simple one led peak level indicator on a tube amp. i have the standard 6.3ac, a 280dc and an unused 6.3 winding (about 7ac unloaded) i want to install the level indicator after the first stage. could any of the members here please surgest a simple cicuit that would fit the bill. if it could run a bicolour led that wuld be really neat. again folks thanks for any info.

thanks for the input. using a voltage doubler on the unused winding is a good idea.

i want to keep this simple. ive just ordered a 5 led vu from china. i have a few 3 colour leds in the parts bins. so going to use the pcb connected to just the multi colour led. i did seriosly think about the floro tubes but but i want a simple solution . ill post again when its been tested

i want to keep this simple. ive just ordered a 5 led vu from china. i have a few 3 colour leds in the parts bins. so going to use the pcb connected to just the multi colour led. i did seriosly think about the floro tubes but but i want a simple solution . ill post again when its been tested
Do you have a link for this LED VU meter? Please briefly describe your experiences with the part after installation, I might need something like that in the future.

Do you have a link for this LED VU meter? Please briefly describe your experiences with the part after installation, I might need something like that in the future.
im not too good at pasting links on a moby but item number is 134611797731 ive used them in the past and never had a problem the handy thing is the operating voltage is amost any thing DC, so its a voltage doubler on the 6.3 . i did a search for "led vu" and these popped up £3 uk about $4 us

So buy one, and let us know what turns up.
ive got a 100w tube sereo slave to build in a couple of months so ill get one of these kits for that job. as thats for a hifi job raher than a guitar rack i think the flouro ubes will look sexy in that.

There's many sellers for these at AEX, just find the decent-priced one. And make sure what you order, many of these are with or without step-up HT power converters and such..

Latest posts

Back