Small form mixer PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will not find the MXUK2 or MXEU2. They were discontinued many years ago. However, the current Behringer PSU5 is the same power supply but with a different connector, for use with some of the UB range and some of the current Xenyx range of mixers. Buy one of those.
I got the PSU5 today and wired up a new plug, and it’s up and running. Thanks for your help!

Australian Monitor is run by a Dutch marketing outfit. They have no tech staff…Generally, it's even cheaper than Behringer. Not bad, but there's always some weak point.
Yeah, I figured as much. I got this in a mixed lot at auction, paid something like $10 for it. Even so, I didn’t want to spend much on a PS for it. I got the parts today for $30, which is probably the most I’d spend on something like this. Still, it’ll be useful in the practice room…

If you don't want to make your own PSU - then a commercially available item from Yamaha is available:

The Yamaha PA-10 power supply, intended for use with the MG series mixers, would also be fine with most other mixers needing 17 - 0 - 17 volt AC and is fitted with the same 3 pin circular connector.

This is available from Thomann - and elsewhere.

Yamaha PA 10

If you don't want to make your own PSU - then a commercially available item from Yamaha is available:

The Yamaha PA-10 power supply, intended for use with the MG series mixers, would also be fine with most other mixers needing 17 - 0 - 17 volt AC and is fitted with the same 3 pin circular connector.

This is available from Thomann - and elsewhere.

Yamaha PA 10

the OP already said that he got a PSU and it’s working and solved…

You will not find the MXUK2 or MXEU2. They were discontinued many years ago. However, the current Behringer PSU5 is the same power supply but with a different connector, for use with some of the UB range and some of the current Xenyx range of mixers. Buy one of those. None of the other PSUx power supplies will do. I have stock of them, but I am in the UK. Cut the low voltage plug off the end and fit a standard 3 pin female locking connector that should mate with the male connector that was on your mixer. Those connectors are easy to source, and is what what the old Behringer MX range and also many other small mixers used. The power supply is 16-0-16V, 17.5-0-17.5V or 18-0-18V (depending on how old the one you get is). Both the old MX style connector and the later miniDIN connector are wired with the 0V on the centre pin.
Hello,

Did I read that correctly, Boomerang: you are in the UK and actually have stock of PSU's for the Behringer Xenyx series of (legacy mixers)?

I have a Xenyx 1202FX which I was going to press into service as a sub-mixer (with effects) for my Arturia DrumBrute; however, for the life of me, I cannot find the PSU6-UK (or MXUK6) PSU anywhere.

I'd actually given up and had decided to simply go buy an 18-0-18 toroid or suitable screened PC-mount tranny and box one of those up, but couldn't find one of those weird 'keyed' PSU connectors Behringer used.

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

Back