Software/hardware for audio analysis.

Help Support GroupDIY:

Studio Mollan

So.
My trusted NTI Minilyzer broke down a few months ago and I’m not sure wether to get a new one or go with a laptop/usb-interface and REW (room eq wizard software).

The Minilyzer is very limited but EXTREMLY compact and handy. I don’t feel I need to get super scientific in my measurements but getting descent readings on levels, thd and frequency-response would be nice.

So what are you using? If you are on  a computer with REW, or similar software, what are you using as an interface? I’m thinking a cheap focusrite 4x4i/o or similar.

Bo Deadly

Software is really what matters these days. Just about any vaguely new USB audio interface is going to out perform any circuit you test with it. I never really liked REW. I have a QA400 and the software is actually pretty good but I don't always trust the results 100%. When first learning E about 15 years ago I used something called dssf3 from ymec.com which I thought was actually pretty good. Recently I've just been recording .wav files and then run them through a GNU Octave script that averages together lots of FFT data to make a high res spectrum so that I can really "see" what's going on.

Latest posts