• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2 Channel Gyraf PQ1549 Equalizer - Complete

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewF

Hi all,

Up for sale here is my completed 2 channel Calrec PQ1549 parametric EQ, built using v5 Gyraf PCBs which were produced by Gustav.

I used Omeg pots, Elma collet knobs, TI 5534s (all socketed), Wima film caps and Multicomp tants. I chose to add extra balancing and de-balancing boards to this unit which are based on TI DRV134 / INA137 chips respectively. The purpose of these is to guarantee unity gain (with controls set flat!) regardless of whether the unit is in bypass or process, and regardless of whether sources / loads are balanced, unbalanced or a mixture. The output driver and PSU PCBs are SSLTech's boards from the 9K preamp project. The input line receiver is built on a small piece of stripboard.

The power transformer is wired for 230v operation, but does have dual primaries so the unit could easily be converted for 115v operation. The chassis and audio grounds are presented on separate isolated binding posts on the rear panel. These are currently linked and the unit has always functioned flawlessly like this. One point worth noting is that the push-button switches aren't perfectly centered in their faceplate holes due to a tolerance issue on the front panel. They don't, however, foul the panel so this isn't an operational issue.

I'm rather sorry to see this one go as it sounds fantastic, but sadly space is at a premium so all my gear is going 500 series!

I'd like £350 for this, which is how much the unit cost me in parts. Shipping and paypal fees, if applicable, would be in addition to this price. (The unit can be shipped worldwide or collected from London, UK.)

Please click the thumbnails below for bigger images.

Cheers!

Matthew

Back