• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLD: DIY Gyraf G9 Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fucanay

Hello everyone,

It's been a long long while since I've been to Group DIY. I've been out of the music business for quite a while and haven't built a new project in probably 10 years. That being said, I haven't used this G9 in a long time either. In accordance with the spirit of the gyraf projects, I didn't want to throw this up on ebay or reverb before checking with you guys here. You all put me in a position to obtain and record music with some elite gear without elite money. So I am bringing this piece back to Group DIY as I move on from some of my gear. I no longer have a complete list of every capacitor that I put in it, but it has Russian electro harmonix tubes and OEP transformers. I will answer any questions I can, but I'll probably have to refer back to the big G9 thread for them.

I have no idea what the going rate is for these now, but at the time I build it, I put about $800 USD into it with the case and knobs taken into account. I'd like to get in that ball park for it if possible and I really don't want to ship something like this overseas, so shipping to USA only and SF Bay area local pickup is even better. Here are some photos. Thanks for reading.

Matt

IMG_0184.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0173.jpg

Last edited:
This G9 has been sold. I may have some other things available soon, but nowhere near as nice as the G9 was. I'm going to miss it as the best DIY project I completed. Cheers.

This G9 has been sold. I may have some other things available soon, but nowhere near as nice as the G9 was. I'm going to miss it as the best DIY project I completed. Cheers.
Interested to see what else you have. I'm local!

Back