• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD: PM670 kit parts, somewhat built and tested

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

I need to give up on this one, I have more tube comps that I can ever use at this point and the project list must be trimmed. 

(2) PM660’s built, ceramic sockets in 5687 positions, beefy Dale resistors in the important spots.  Stock parts values in all positions.  Amps tested on the bench to measure performance, shelved since then.
PSU built with exception of IRF820/IRF840/LM317/LM337 - have spares, need insulators.    Stock parts values in all positions.
(2) [silent:arts] HWBP36 bypass PCB's
American group buy toroidal power transformer - Avel Lindberg AV-087539.  115V or 230V primary.
Complete stepped attenuator resistor selection should you decide to go that route. 
Filament bridge rectifier.
50W 1R adjustable resistor with mounting parts for filament supply.  The best way to set the filament voltage. 
(2) dual 50K audio pots for side chain amp control with (2) slugging resistors to correct the overall value. 
(4) 10K linear attack pots.  Why 4?  I couldn't say, but there they are. 
(2) 5K audio screwdriver type meter adjust pots

Edcor selection: (6 lbs)
(2) WSM600/10K and (2) XSM600/10K, or (4) XSM600/10K.  Your choice. 
(4) XSM10K/600
8 total transformers offered.

4 x 6BC8/6BZ8 tubes
4 x 5687 tubes

$495; less than cost, you get my research and labor for free
Don’t want the Edcor, subtract $88
Don’t want the tubes, subtract $60

Plus shipping/insurance.

Outside of any mod plans one wanted to implement, everything is here excepting the following:
Gain reduction amp input attenuators.  Follow the stock plan, use the Kingston M670 plan, use another pair of 50K dual audio pots. 
VU meters. 
Case
Connectors
Knobs
Power cable
Bypass PCB parts
Molex connectors for interconnection:  I was going to hard solder all connections rather than use these.

21438752354_39d0f24ed2_b.jpg

21873417360_42c165ed95_c.jpg

Hi Doug,

I could use those Edcor 10K:600 if you don't mind splitting them off.

thanks,
d

I'll be interested in these. So they've been tested to work? Any documents so that I can minimise research. I do have some of them though.

What's the shipping to Australia 6152 like? Delivery time? Paypal?

Man, someone in the US needs to want this.  It's a steady stream of overseas inquiries, and no one wants to pay the shipping so far. 

These rates were all investigated before US Postal went up, so it's somewhat more than listed below as of today.  They include insurance. 

$121.75 priority 6-10 day to Australia
$90 priority 6-10 day to France, no edcor $76. (no significant savings)
Spain $95 priority 6-10 day. 
$122 to Poland.

Im interested.  Just gotta see if my wallet is interested as well.  If no one snatches it up by friday, let's chat.

The wallet is a little loosey goosey... the wife is looking for shopping money.  Gonna see what i can work out.  Have a few sessions in this week that could probably cover it.  Ill hit ya back during the week, if you have someone else that ready to drop the hammer, go for it.  I really wanna do Kingstons "mods" (should i even call it that... he might get angry) with it since his updates seem to make  a bit more sense than the original layout.

Looks like previously calculated $95 is correct for USPS insured shipping.  $580US total to Spain.  Thanks.

Back