• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***SOLD*** Stephen Paul 3 micron U87 1979 $2400 + shipping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicDaddy

GDIY Supporter
Selling my U87 serial 31169  vintage Neumann shock mt included.
Stephen did the 3 micron re-skin in 1986, some of his earlier work out of his LA apartment.
$2400 + shipping

The only reason I'm selling things is that I have a 5 figure machining bill to finalize my diaphragm project.

Once this diaphragm project is validated, I will move onto an attempt at reproducing a coil-diaphragm assembly for the D12.

I've also got a 414 eb (silver) with a Tim Campbell CT12, microphone serial 4181.  $1400 if anyone is interested.

.....if you were thinking about this 87 and let it get by, you just let the soup getaway. I cannot put to words how epically magic this thing is. Dying inside a little that I sold it.  No DIY mic I've built comes close, not c12, not 87, not fet47, not mk47... forget about it.

Back