• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - U47 Clone + Thiersh Blue PVC capsule + Hamptone PSU + Tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrasia

Selling my work of passion.  Sadly bills are adding up :(

Excellent working and cosmetic condition U47 clone.
Equinox body + Max's mk47 kit.
Thiersch M7 Blue line PVC Capsule and Thiersch holder
Hamptone TMPS-1 Power supply modded and serviced by Scott Hamptone
20ft Gotham GAC-7 cable with Neutrik gold XLR and Amphenol connector

Mic is installed with a pair of very quiet and noise tested Western Electric 408a tubes from Brent Jesse.
Additionally I have a pair of never used, noise tested 1950's Philips Miniwatt TS62/6028 D-getter gold pins.  Never got around to trying these out but are supposed to be one of the best 408s out there.  Lastly, I'm also including a pair of JAN 6028s.  They are tested and work perfectly fine as well.

Mic was assembled by myself, but was additionally serviced and given a clean bill of health by Scott Hamptone when I purchased his modded TMPS-1 PSU($600 us).  PSU has pattern selection for cardiod and omni.

Microphone sounds EXCELLENT!  Can't say how it compares to a real U47, but its lovely, thick, smooth, and totally quiet! ;)

Buyer covers shipping and PP

$1000 US, and ships from Canada.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 95
Back