Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can. And be aware this mod with capsule swapping will be the most obvious one, one that will translate very well into what you are recording, or producing. Once you go further to the circuit you will be stepping into the world of diminishing returns. Out of these three i would change the Apex460 capsule.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

What really made me want to go down this path is the acoustic guitar recording that Soliloqueen has up on that website
Wow ! That just sounds so perfect to my ears.

I'm going to order a "Flat K47" and begin experimenting.
Also, keep my eye out for any circuit boards to build my own (suggestions are very welcome)

Thanks again

I'm going to order a "Flat K47" and begin experimenting.
Also, keep my eye out for any circuit boards to build my own (suggestions are very welcome)
I would start by building a mic which is called the FET847. I'm in the middle of building my first one, and if it sounds anything like the samples I've heard, I'll build at least 4 to use as utility mics.

I would start by building a mic which is called the FET847. I'm in the middle of building my first one, and if it sounds anything like the samples I've heard, I'll build at least 4 to use as utility mics.
Wow I hadn't noticed the FET847 before. Looks fun. Do you have a link to the audio samples by chance?

Wow I hadn't noticed the FET847 before. Looks fun. Do you have a link to the audio samples by chance?
Worth noting that the FET847 is effectiveIy a km84 circuit for Iarge capsuIes. And that is aIso what the T47 in this thread's audio exampIes, which had a fIat k47 of Arienne's put in it, is. So if you Iike the sound of that, which I did a Iot, getting some FET847 boards seems a good way forward.

People should be getting their capsules starting tomorrow
USPS Informed Delivery says mine should arrive today (Friday Feb. 3). Also, instead of Priority Mail, mine was accidentally sent via 1st Class Mail and, without my soliciting it, I was refunded the difference: unnecessary, but a refreshing show of integrity on the business side.

Last edited:
Worth noting that the FET847 is effectiveIy a km84 circuit for Iarge capsuIes. And that is aIso what the T47 in this thread's audio exampIes, which had a fIat k47 of Arienne's put in it, is. So if you Iike the sound of that, which I did a Iot, getting some FET847 boards seems a good way forward.
Where can I get exactly that board and capsule?
Thanks

Other boards worth looking into based on Texas Instrument OPA chips:

Single (just one side of the capsule) or dual output (independent front and back outputs on a 5 pin xlr) depending on whether you populate half the board or the whole board from Jules Ryckebusch and Homero Leal:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shar...or_Dual_Diaphragm_condenser_microphones_.html
Multipattern from Roger Shores and MicSharf:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/OPIC_Microphone_MP_PCB_6f543619.html
Also get the accompanying board to get the higher polarizing voltage for the capsule.

The designs are very nice and quiet and boards are high quality. You can buy 10 at a time for stupid cheap and the shipping is fast.

Last edited:
For the @soliloqueen K87 capsule wires -- if you are putting it into a cardioid-only mic (I want to try the capsule in a cheap AKG P220) is it generally better to remove the side wires or just move them out of the way in the mic unconnected?

For the @soliloqueen K87 capsule wires -- if you are putting it into a cardioid-only mic (I want to try the capsule in a cheap AKG P220) is it generally better to remove the side wires or just move them out of the way in the mic unconnected?
it doesn't really matter, just connect the diaphragm and its adjacent backplate to the circuit. for capsules i KNOW are going into cardioid mics and NOT moving, i do cut the wires just to avoid issues

Latest posts

Back