• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted SOLVED: Sifam gain reduction VU meter for Neve compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golgoth

Hello,

I am looking for one of these, as I have a broken glass window on my 83046 compressor.
I don't know if they can be opened and the glass part replaced?

Thank you very much,
G

Capture d’écran 2023-03-30 à 17.16.44.png

The bezel (black frame) and the actual meter unit are generally press fit / clip-on. So, using a thin, sharp implement like a blade you can carefully prise-off the bezel. the glass is likely to be stuck onto the bezel. So, again (carefully) remove the broken bits and replace it with a new glass. However, it does not have to be actual glass of course, but clear acrylic of appropriate thickness.

The bezel (black frame) and the actual meter unit are generally press fit / clip-on. So, using a thin, sharp implement like a blade you can carefully prise-off the bezel. the glass is likely to be stuck onto the bezel. So, again (carefully) remove the broken bits and replace it with a new glass. However, it does not have to be actual glass of course, but clear acrylic of appropriate thickness.
Hi Sahib, thanks for the info! I did not want to try anything with the meter as I did not know how they were built. I will gently try to open it up the way you described!

Latest posts

Back