• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLVED: where do you get a small number of IC holding tubes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capacitor

I need to ship some 14-pin DIP ICs, and figured I should use some holding tubes to protect them during transit? I don't have a ton of them to ship (40 of them in total), and wondered where a decent, inexpensive place would be to buy them. I can cut to length of course :)

Edit: like this tube; I don't even need the ends, I can use some tape:

Attachments

• istockphoto-139887738-170667a.jpg
    istockphoto-139887738-170667a.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
And I could also use small squares of antistatic/conductive foam, in a small padded envelope. I've only shipped a couple of ICs, ever (also DIP14 and reusing a shipping tube) so any other suggestions would rock :)

I have a bunch of DIP and SIP tubes in Texas if you need them. I'll send them to you for the cost of postage.
If you have only 40 8 pin ICs to ship I have a bunch cut down that would go in a smaller less expensive to ship box.
I was close to culling my stash of empty tubes - good thing I saw this.

A quick shout out to @KA-Electonics.com for getting me a lifetime supply of IC shipping tubes, just when I started needing them to start shipping out some SIP and DIP stuff. Thanks again - you rock!

(edit: I can't edit the thread to use the "no prefix" option, so Sold it is, haha! First XenForo bug/issue I've seen, and that's assuming it's not by design)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back