Some specs for CKV72/1 anode chokes for V72 etc.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxDM

One of my chokes (not selling this one) had a problem with a broken lead wire, so that I will have to rewind one bobbin.

Just for reference,  the V72 Chokes use 0.067 mm wire (I have a digital micrometer and I just measured it).  Some of that will be the insulation, which is quite heat resistant.

Basically the same diameter as guitar pickup wire.

I removed 15.6 grams of copper from one of the three bobbins, so it will take a full 50 gram bobbin to wind one of these.

Total DC resistance is typically between around 11.2 KOhm
The laminations are one piece, and the middle tongue has to be bent slightly to remove them from the bobbin.

There are two spacers inserted between the bobbin and laminations which need to be removed.

Just thought somebody might like to know

Thanks.  I think CJ may have done a teardown on one and posted some other specs, might be worth finding and linking.

From what I'm told, there are 18,000 windings per choke.

Sounds like you have it sorted to do it yourself but, if that weren't the case, I can recommend Felix at
https://audiosohn.com

He can rewind these and also supply new.
I bought two new a couple of months ago and they're spot on.   

Attachments

• image-07-03-21-01-50-1.jpeg
    image-07-03-21-01-50-1.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 20
EmRR said:
Thanks.  I think CJ may have done a teardown on one and posted some other specs, might be worth finding and linking.

Right, they came out of my V72 and V72a which I still haven´t got back from him. It´s something like 15 years ago. Rant over...

A three chamber bobbin would be great for experimenting with anode load chokes of this type but its impossible to find. Its my guess winding the three coils at the same time could get you better balance between coils , both in terms of dc resistance and incidental capacitances. Very interested to hear of anyone who knows where to source these hard to find components . 

Latest posts

Back