Sony C800 inspired body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

A fun project, first time fiddling with a 3d printer. The body comes from a Hansen mic, another rebrand made for Scandinavian market. Similar to C800 dimensions. The "cooling system" is just a gimmick for now, not sure if i'm actually going to transplant the tube into it eventually. No 3d files to share sadly, as i'm afraid they might get into the wrong hands. But maybe something for DIYers to explore as an idea.

Attachments

• 20220802_205425.jpg
    20220802_205425.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220802_204335.jpg
    20220802_204335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I used quite simple software - TinkerCad for design, a friend printed it out for me, i am probably going to redo it with a resin printer, smoother and higher quality over all. The tube is a 10mm aluminium, fins and the tube housing are printed. It shouldn't be an issue to find printing services around, they are everywhere these days.

I used quite simple software - TinkerCad for design, a friend printed it out for me, i am probably going to redo it with a resin printer, smoother and higher quality over all. The tube is a 10mm aluminium, fins and the tube housing are printed. It shouldn't be an issue to find printing services around, they are everywhere these days.
It's fascinating what we can produce at home these days. (y) 3D printing is indeed a game changer. The topic is high on my list. So many exciting topics, so little time!

A fun project, first time fiddling with a 3d printer. The body comes from a Hansen mic, another rebrand made for Scandinavian market. Similar to C800 dimensions. The "cooling system" is just a gimmick for now, not sure if i'm actually going to transplant the tube into it eventually. No 3d files to share sadly, as i'm afraid they might get into the wrong hands. But maybe something for DIYers to explore as an idea.
hello sir, very impressed with this body and the Manley Ref on your Instagram account. is there a chance you'll make this body unbadged and available for sale for DIYers? I'm looking for a historic correct body or at least same quality mic body like the golden age and stam c800g clones. I cannot find one. I'm planning on having a microphone built by Chris @ Barbaric Amplification using the original Sony C-80/C-100 capsules with his own C-800G circuit interpretation but he said the body of those microphone as a donor is too small for a barbarified C800G, so I am thinking of sourcing out a body for the built. Thank you.

hello sir, very impressed with this body and the Manley Ref on your Instagram account. is there a chance you'll make this body unbadged and available for sale for DIYers? I'm looking for a historic correct body or at least same quality mic body like the golden age and stam c800g clones. I cannot find one. I'm planning on having a microphone built by Chris @ Barbaric Amplification using the original Sony C-80/C-100 capsules with his own C-800G circuit interpretation but he said the body of those microphone as a donor is too small for a barbarified C800G, so I am thinking of sourcing out a body for the built. Thank you.
Hi,
This was just experiment using already existing body, and adding the "cooler system". However dimensions with this one are not spot on either.

Back