Sony DMX r-100 jumpy faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kprellz

Hey all got a client with a Sony dmx r-100 with jumpy faders. Someone recommended upping the resister value on the wiper but seems weird that this would start happening randomly. Anyone families with these console have thoughts on it? Also they wanna replace the floppy drive with a USB.

Attachments

• IMG_7349.mov
    6.2 MB
Also they wanna replace the floppy drive with a USB.

The community may have already done this if there's enough installations out there, and enough dedicated people.

Like in the Commodore 64 community there are several hardware SD card solutions to replace floppy drives, and even in the original Fairlight CMI community someone developed an SD card solution to replace the original 8 inch floppies.

Do some searching online.

I worked on one of those desks a few times back 15 or so years ago, and really liked them. I hope they find a fix for both issues.

What kind of motor fader is this ? linear servo or encoders ?
If DC servo, to me it look like voltage ref issue (which can include AD ref voltage), can also be PID issue if at software side, in a rom/ram whatever storage is used for the u-controller
Did jump reflect at soft side (volume change) or just "mechanical" instability ?
Is there any schemo available ?

Best
Zam

Back