Sorry, I'm back!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
Sorry I've been unresponsive for the past few weeks.
I've been trying to catch up on things but if I've neglected to respond to anyone, please send me a message.

I was hospitalized for covid-related complications and offline for a bit.
The irony of pre-existing conditions is that you often don't know you have one!
But I've made a full recovery--it was more like a really bad flu but I was quarantined and being monitored.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

I'm terrified of the preexisting conditions I don't know I have! Good to hear that you are ok now.

How can you be sorry...nobody will or had to complain !
You are better and safe, that's all what matter.
Welcome back  :)

Zam

Ethan said:
The irony of pre-existing conditions is that you often don't know you have one!

Been there done that!  Glad to hear you're doing better. 

Sweet Jaysus... that's scary Ethan!
I'm Immuno-Compromised as well with a pre-existing. I have been hiding and working from home for the last 8 months!

Were you ever truly scared? Any concerns about longer lasting impacts?

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Thank you all!!

Rochey said:
Sweet Jaysus... that's scary Ethan!
I'm Immuno-Compromised as well with a pre-existing. I have been hiding and working from home for the last 8 months!
Smart. Don't take your health for granted. Stay safe!

Were you ever truly scared? Any concerns about longer lasting impacts?
Yes and sort of...

I've been dating someone that works in a lab for a 3-letter government agency. One person in her lab tested positive, then 10 others did. So they shut the lab down until they could get conclusive test results for everyone else. This meant I had to get tested too.

Before my results even came back I was having heart palpitations and trouble breathing so I was taken to the ER. Long story short, I’m very grateful to the healthcare staff that helped make my days in isolation better; going the extra mile to do little things like sneaking me an extra cookie here and there and just generally being upbeat and positive during a time when I was scared and not feeling well. So, as I mentioned it was like having a really bad flu with a few complications but also like a mini-vacation where people took care of me and brought me food 3 times/day. The food wasn’t great but I guess it’s the thought that counts. ;D

RE: lasting impacts...
I was discharged because they didn't think I was still contagious--while recommending I stay home as much as possible for at least another week, but I still feel kind of hazy. I feel MUCH better in terms of the flu-like symptoms being gone, but still not quite right. I know that's vague but hard to describe as well.

Glad you recovered, and are back.

I was having heart palpitations
Eeesh... Had that bad a few weeks ago, was afraid to connect it to virus...but I'll swear I caught it back in January. Recall it being a tough week, little to no respiratory issues to speak of, however in retrospect this whole year I've not bounced back 100%.  So yeah, take care of yourself, for real. Vitamines, exercise, drink more water; stuff moms would want us to do.

:mad: I'd be fine to be forever blind of 2020.  This year can stuff it.

Latest posts

Back