Soundcraft EPM direct out DB25 mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, why did you do the direct outs Post fader and not Pre-Fader?

With Post Fader when you are mixing the live gig you will constantly change the record levels each time you move a fader

Hi, why did you do the direct outs Post fader and not Pre-Fader?

With Post Fader when you are mixing the live gig you will constantly change the record levels each time you move a fader
Because for me the mixer is part of my instrument, and I want to record exactly the same mix as on the main LR out but split into separate tracks for easier editing and post processing.
This includes EQ, mute and fader.
Pre-everything direct outs are already available on the channel inserts.

Cool! Do you got schematics or more close up pictures?
The schematics for the mixer is available on the net. I simply tapped the audio where it enters the pan pots. I used two 470 ohm resistors to hot and between GND and cold (impedance balanced). Could use lower values but had a bunch of these.. Made a PCB with an IDC connector, resistors, and the DB-25 connector. Happy to share the gerbers if anyone interested.

While you are trawlling around inside your EPM, replace C38, a 47uF 63v electro next to the 3842 PWM controller in the PSU. It goes open, all the rails go high and legions of SMD 5532s and TLO74s blow up. Use a top quality 105C rated cap. The ventilation of the PSU in these things is nonexistent and people tend to leave them turned on (to slowly cook).

Latest posts

Back