SOURCEING PARTS IN ENGLAND FOR LA2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think I follow it all, but I found myself struggling a bit, so I began to worry about our non-English-speakers....

...You know, like the Canadians, for example!

:wink:

:green:

Keef

ok lads you are having a laugh now but thats ok

you now that old saying {the cow didnt now wot his tail was for till the bucher cut it of}

bless up

skal1

Keith what did you mean by "t4's or something better?"

Denis, I think all the banter about your typing is that its hard enough around here to get points across to people whose first language is not english. Getting lost in translation is a potential hazard in tube electronics. No one means to offend you.

Ian, I hope thats not your cell number. If the bots find it people are starting to spam cells with text ads. Mine got hit with about 30 spam email/text for erectile disfuntion. Beware the bots.

Dialect is always going to be a problem wherever you go.
There are still areas in England where I struggle to not only understand, but interpret, what is said.

When I first did some work in Italy I was in Naples.
I said that I would try to learn some Italian, but was told that the local language wasn't Italian but Napolitan !
Even on Italian TV they sometimes put up sub-titles when there is a report from there.

[quote author="barclaycon"]Dialect is always going to be a problem wherever you go.
There are still areas in England where I struggle to not only understand, but interpret, what is said.

When I first did some work in Italy I was in Naples.
I said that I would try to learn some Italian, but was told that the local language wasn't Italian but Napolitan !
Even on Italian TV they sometimes put up sub-titles when there is a report from there.[/quote]

It reminds me of the James Brown documentary that was on UK television a few years ago, where at James Browns own request they added subtitles to his speech.

Back