SOURCEING PARTS IN ENGLAND FOR LA2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

Looking at your posts it's pretty obvious you don't know anything or near anything about all this DIY stuff, which of course isn't a bad thing. But without at least a basic understanding about how to approach such a project i advice strongly against taggling the LA2A project. You know that this project has high enough voltages to kill you ?

My advice is to first build something easy and save like a guitar stomp box and save the tube stuff until you are confortable working with high voltages. Also as you spent more time here you won't have any trouble sourcing the parts like boards for your build.

Flo

HELLO

many be i dont about how to get round the commity but i do know alittle

about electronics , so that aside Infernal_Death help me .
javascript:emoticon(':cool:')

Cool

skal1

I found Greg's LA2A's to be an easy build. His documentation instructions are top notch! But DO UNDERSTAND you will be dealing DANGEROUS Voltages!

you SOULD LOOK at the top META-META links!

oh i forgot to tell you ive got must the bits but im missing the vital spice the

t4 this what im really looking for and the cirt board

Please understand that this is purely a curiosity question, and by no means meant to be insulting...but is English your first language?

It's always hard to tell on the internet whether someone types the way they do purposely or not.

Cheers

Maybe Gregs on holiday?

please try to remember that this is one big hobby site, if you need something now then you need to buy the original.

also try to refrain from posting in more than one section.

sorry if that sounds petty, i dont mean it too, just a friendly pointer or two. i am looking forward to starting my drip set. And people are genuinely concerned when they go on about voltages on this, you dont tend to get a warning, just a free ride in a hurse and a wooden coat if you touch the wrong bit.

looking forward to seeing your completed build

Iain

ahhh, based in Birmingham? well Bryan, hes from the middle of England, so no English is not his mother tung, he speaks Brummie!! :grin:

And yea, we will talk more, if we get your name ....

Hello Ska1,

Man, I think you should in the first place, to read the META-META post for this project, and download the Greg's Manual for LA-2A DRIP's board. Even if you'll try one of the following ways to get your LA-2A, because Greg has some warnings and tips for this project anyways!

1. For traditional LA-2A... Greg's boards are awesome for that!
2. Dual LA-2A? you have some dual boars from silent:arts, seems to be cool too.
3. LA-2A Point to Point building... is harder! believe me, but I don't really know your background about electronics to do that.
4. You can buy the original!!!... is the easiest way! :wink:

Parts is not the problem:

www-tube-town.net you can order the capacitors (Orange Drops), the Resistors, the Tubes and the Sockets for the Tubes, and the Power transformer from Hammond (369JX if you tend to use with 230/240v);
www.canford.co.uk for the VU Meters... Try SIFAM AL29WF or AL39WF, you can buy the illummination kit also (to light up the VU), but they only sell with 12v lamps, your circuit for that part has only 6.3v so... choose between don't order and try LEDs or try to find the 6.3V lamp with te same size insted! 24mm festoon lamps;
www.sowter.co.uk for the input and output transformers;
For the T4Bs, Greg's T4B is one of the cheapest and safe way to have it.

Go to the black market's section from the Prodigy's forum and there you can order a finished metal box, with the printed front panel's layout from Purusha if you want, and if still available of course;

In all the cases you have a lot to read and to figure out what you really want.. you could even try to find the original parts like the original VUs, input and output transformers, caps, T4Bs... try ebay!

Please, read all the project related's posts, in 90% of the cases your doubts are in there! for sure.

Wel, hope it helps in some way... but man, in your next post try to explain better what you want, so we can help better, ok? and write in english please, hehehehe... I'm portuguese and I know I have a terrible english... but you're supposed to write better than me :grin: no ofense :thumb:

Looking forward to see you "baby" coming into life... go ahead man, but please don't kill yourself! It's a high voltage's project as they said before in this post... be carefull ok?

Cheers :guinness:

Eddie :thumb:

Hey,

There's a lot of options, you can use Sowter ones. But you could use some others that fit the ascpects needed for the project... like the impedance ratio.
Jansen is a good option too... just take a look at the silent:arts post about the boards at META post.

Cheers :guinness:

Eddie :thumb:

skal,

Firstly I would have guessed Liverpool instead of Birmingham, because the local chavs are referred to as "Skals" or "Skallys"... but I see that it's short for "skalamanga" so Brum it is then! :wink:

However, I do have to comment that even for me, some of your posts are quite difficult to read and understand... your spelling -either deliberately or accidentally- really makes it hard to comprehend what you're writing sometimes.

-There are a LOT of foreigners on this board who speak Danish, French, German, Spanish, and a lot of them speak and write American... for some of them I really think that it's going to be harder to understand what you mean.

Ptownkid's question says a lot... -If you're writing this way accidentally then that's just the way it is, but if you're writing this way as a deliberate 'style', it would be REALLY helpful if you could be a little less "stylised" and more clear.

Cheers!

Oh, and I was just served lunch by a lady from Walsall, so I still get to hear a Midlands accent every so often! (see also my Black Sabbath thread etc.)

Cheers,

Keef

[quote author="SSLtech"]Ptownkid's question says a lot... -If you're writing this way accidentally then that's just the way it is, but if you're writing this way as a deliberate 'style', it would be REALLY helpful if you could be a little less "stylised" and more clear.[/quote]

That's where i was headed, smart man.

Latest posts

Back