• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold =*SOLD Sphere 900 console EQ stereo pair *SOLD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samplebias2

Completely overhauled/recapped/serviced/fine tuned Sphere 900 console equalizers stereo pair with custom designed internal power supply. Cosmetically and functionally minty; quiet - mastering-grade.

$5k shipped to the lower 48 states.

Recapped/custom power supply by the veteran geniuses at Rainbow Electronics, and further serviced/calibrated by Ken at Orphan Audio. Detents and buttons are crisp and sharp, these have to be around 50 years old (Led Zeppelin II was mixed on a console like this I believe) and seem as new (military grade construction, built to LAST). Receipts available. I believe the input/output transformers are Jensen. Only selling to make room for some original 511 channel strips but won't mind keeping these forever! * these are the same EQ's as the Electrodyne 712 but with the added frequency choices of 5k and 8k on the 6.4k lever (push-button select) Posted elsewhere.
I have $5600 into these, only selling as I located some original Electrodyne 711 channel strips I want. (if you have 1-2 of those, let's talk!) Joe Grandberg supajc "at" hotmail.com

Attachments

• Sphere rack Joe.jpg
    Sphere rack Joe.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Sphere cropped rack.jpg
    Sphere cropped rack.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Sphere INSIDE 1.JPG
    Sphere INSIDE 1.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Sphere INSIDE 2.JPG
    Sphere INSIDE 2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Spheres rack reciept 1.JPG
    Spheres rack reciept 1.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Cylon gear setup vocoder EMS.jpg
    Cylon gear setup vocoder EMS.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 4
My deal is proceeding, partial trade interest would be StaLevel clones, Nagra 4 mono, UREI 545, 565 EQ

Last edited:
Bump, very interested in partial trade with UREI 545 EQ from you, very interested in having an RCA 44bx as well, reach out to me with offers. I can be entertained by parametric EQ's in general. PM me your offers!

Just to add a little to samplebias2s 900EQs..

The output trafos are real Sphere outputs
These are the same as modern day Jensen
JT-123 series. Can't see the #s on the inputs
so can't say.

Gary

Back