SPL Switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are most likely standard push buttons with custom caps.

abbey is right, if your willing to standardise your entire product line around a button cap design, it's custom tooling is most certainly the way to go... but get ready to hold a LOT of inventory.

I've often dreamed of getting custom button and LED light pipes made, but the tooling costs and minimum builds are difficult to justify if you don't have good run rate.

These days, I have access to 3d printers, I could probably prototype well on that.

/R

I've been looking at their range of products.

VERY VERY INTERESTING! A real lesson in what I term low volume, high mix manufacturing.

All of their metalwork (front panels etc) are identical between a specific product range. This lowers their cost on metalwork tools, and allows them to hold the same inventory accross mutliple models. The only different is the cheap black plastic they have in each module "bay".

Same buttons etc too... so it all gets distributed.

Very smart design for manufacturing and cost control. And consistent industrial design accross the product range!

I wouldn't be suprised if they have fixed PCB size and power supply too.

Latest posts

Back