Splitting a signal for Dorrough meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glazer56

Greetings,
I have a small mastering studio, and have just purchased a Dorrough loudness meter to check levels before I hit my converter. I have a Neve masterbus processor which is last in my chain, which feeds my converters. My question is; what is the best way to hook up the meter since the Neve only has 1 out? Will a Y split connector work fine? Or do I need some kind of buffer box to split the signal?

Many thanks!

glazer56 said:
Greetings,
I have a small mastering studio, and have just purchased a Dorrough loudness meter to check levels before I hit my converter. I have a Neve masterbus processor which is last in my chain, which feeds my converters. My question is; what is the best way to hook up the meter since the Neve only has 1 out? Will a Y split connector work fine? Or do I need some kind of buffer box to split the signal?

Check the data sheet for the meter. My guess is that it's got a standard balanced input which buffers the signal before the meter drive. As such, it looks like any other line-level input, so a simple Y cable should suffice.

Latest posts

Back