Sprague 109D 150V existance

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ding

I didn't know where to put this question so I just posted it here. I just got a 3UF Sprague 109D 150V from ebay but I've been looking at the current datasheet and I cant find a 109D @ 150V? The listing said it was NOS. Anyone know where I can find some info on this? I'm afraid to put this in my mic and not be the right voltage.

Do you know what NOS means?  "New Old Stock" - as in it might be 5, 10, 50 or 100 years old but was never sold/used.  3uf @ 150V is not a common value today so no surprise it's not on a current datasheet.  It just means they don't make that value anymore.  If it is labeled 150V and has not degraded on the shelf while waiting to be used, it should work just fine.  If it is an electrolytic, throw it out and buy a new 4.7uf @ 150V or higher.

109Ds are wet tantalum. Yeah I know about new old stock but I imagine wet tantalums keep on the shelf? I wouldn't mind knowing when it was last manufactured.

Back