SSL 4000 G Series EQ PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majestic12

I'm about to finish a remake of the G series equalizer board.
Are you guys interested in having a group buy on the special multi-deck pots which are needed for this build ? Minimum order is 25 pieces each.

The board is a copy of the original design but I redesigned the traces a bit concerning better grounding etc.... The board is the same size and has the same connectors as the original, so if you want to, you can plug them right into your 4000 console.

Just let me know what you think.

2r77h4i.jpg

Majestic12 said:
Are you guys interested in having a group buy on the special multi-deck pots which are needed for this build ? Minimum order is 25 pieces each.

AML has the pots already needed for this.  Triple 47K Rev log, dual 47K Rev log, and 22K lin center dent. Unless your talking about the gain pots which are center tapped.  You can get away with not having them tapped.  The E series I did does well without.  All it's there for is to ensure there is no drift when in the center position.

Alpha does a 4 lug pot but the min order is 700pcs.

Layouts fantastic, well done.  What connector is used for racking it up? And what are you thinking on price?  I'd be down for a pair I think.

-Casey

As far as I know is the following pots needed!
LF Filter: 3x 47k log
HF Filter: 2x 10k lin
HF Cut/Boost: 22k lin center indent, center tap
HF Freq: 3x 47k log
HMF Cut/Boost: 22k lin center indent, center tap
HMF Freq: 2x 47k log
HMF Q: 2x 10k log
LMF Cut/Boost: 22k lin center indent, center tap
LMF Freq: 2x 47k log
LMF Q: 2x 10k log
LF Cut/Boost: 22k lin center indent, center tap
LF Freq: 2x 47k log

@majestics: would you group buy vishay P11A?
http://www.vishay.com/docs/51031/p11.pdf

The EQ boards have arrived. I make one board ready and test it in an SSL console. When everything works fine I will make a second pcb which has all the pots, switches, I/O, metering etc. so you can have a complete stereo EQ in an one rack unit case.

29niicg.png

these look great! If i want to rack these..what kind of power connectors and jack connection does it use? (sorry I have never built an SSL eq before)

Also..what is the price and what are the special parts required?

much appreciated!

That would be cool!!!
I think I would take some as well :)

Damn Majestic on monday was looking at the spare EQ boards I have here and thinking I would do something similar :p

Arent the extra pins on the pots for recall?

Back again.

I haven't had the time yet to fully stuff the filter board and test it in the console. Right now I'm working on the second pcb that will have all the pots and switches for the EQ, as well as the other components. The main pcb can than be connected to the pcb via a card edge connector (same way as in the console).
I also made a frontpanel sketch for a complete case that will be available as well.

35hhe94.jpg

eklmo.jpg

To all the guys asking if I can sell you the main pcb. Of course I can, just send me a message. But remember that you need to connect all the pots directly to the main pcb by soldering to the edge connector traces on the backside of the pcb. Remember as well that you need very hard to get multideck pots for this build.

When I have finished the complete design I will make a custom oder from Vishay for the special parts.

looking sweet.
since you did the panel modular, any 500 series option?

..... you knew this question was coming :D

jplebre said:
looking sweet.
since you did the panel modular, any 500 series option?

..... you knew this question was coming :D

Hehe :)

I haven't made measurements for the 500 specs so far, but I'm quite sure a redesign of the layout would be necessary, as well as a freaky tight placing of the pots.

I first finish the 19" design for sure :)

You've probably thought of this already but it might be a good call not to put the SSL logo on the front panel.  The design looks great and I love the addition of the daughter boards.

-Casey

signalflow said:
You've probably thought of this already but it might be a good call not to put the SSL logo on the front panel.  The design looks great and I love the addition of the daughter boards.

-Casey

Yeah sure. I won't use it in the final design.

Majestic12 said:
To all the guys asking if I can sell you the main pcb. Of course I can, just send me a message. But remember that you need to connect all the pots directly to the main pcb by soldering to the edge connector traces on the backside of the pcb. Remember as well that you need very hard to get multideck pots for this build.

When I have finished the complete design I will make a custom oder from Vishay for the special parts.

Fair enough. I'm going to wait for the new boards and the front panel. Very nice by the way!

Back