SSL almost finished!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nacho459

Hey guys, I am 99% done with my SSL, Thanks for all the help! All that's left is the nomenclature. I am in California, and besides the PCB's and the 2150's, I managed to get everything in the states. So if anyone in North America needs help with parts AIM me.

Here are some pix.

http://www.fission-fusion.com/incSSL1.jpg
http://www.fission-fusion.com/incSSL2.jpg

:thumb: don´t forget the labeling BEFORE you take it to the studio.... it will be in use ALL the time so there´s no chance to do later :green:
since I got an ssl I used it on every track :) ...cant go w/o it anymore...

steff

Hey Nacho,

Nice Masco PA. I have a couple myself. Want to buy two more? :wink:

Those knobs are ala 33609. Me likes.

-miko

[quote author="Steffen"]:thumb: don´t forget the labeling BEFORE you take it to the studio.... it will be in use ALL the time so there´s no chance to do later :green:
since I got an ssl I used it on every track :) ...cant go w/o it anymore...

steff[/quote]

Exactly. I brought mine into my studio before I got it engraved and it's not going anywhere. I'm working on my first project with it. I used it on a couple instruments when tracking, but right now I've got on a drum buss (minus the kick drum) and it really brings alot of "life" and "air" to them. My drum room has a low ceiling, and the SSL Series 4000 really helps open the kit up.

[quote author="kubi"]It seems, that white colored units are becoming more and more popular.[/quote]

i'd like to see more beige colored units like the classic akai samplers and early PCs. very scientific :wink:

nice work. :thumb:

I´m glad that I labled my SSL before I put it in the studio. It´s like a heavy stone. I can´t move it.

Steff. You´re always good for a surprise. How does your SSL look like ? Any pics ?

I want to clone it !!

[quote author="kubi"]They look nice. It seems, that white colored units are becoming more and more popular.[/quote]

The cool thing is that it ISN'T white, the photos just kinda suck. It's actually on off white, cream, gray, close to the color of the original LA-2a. It was a color I had mixed at the hardware store and then painted on and sanded by hand. It takes a while, but I like it better than the few spray paint colors avaliable.

[quote author="cjenrick"]errr, what avbout the guts?
I wanna see which vca. dbx? [/quote]

Ahh, they all look the same on the inside, I used the Audio Kitchen PCB's and the THAT 2150a's

Latest posts

Back