• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SSL SL9000J module and some other good gear

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsrokmix

I have some studio gear for sale. I am a 30+ year working recording engineer, and this is some of my personal gear. I will try to put detailed pictures up next weekend but if you know what this gear is, you may just want to reach out to me beforehand.

- Used but in perfect condition Beyerdynamic M160 ribbon mic. Includes bag & case. Sells new for $700, I'll sell mine for $500. Awesome guitar mic, super smooth. Good on HHs and other instruments like horns as well.

- Brand new never used, in boxes etc.. Slate VMS ML-1 & ML-2 mics, VMS One mic pre-amp, and all of the expansions for both (Blackbird, Classic Tubes, Classic Tubes 3, ML-2 Classic Instruments) All would cost ~$1500 to $1600, I'll sell mine all for $1200.

- Radial Workhorse 8 slot 500 series chassis w/ built in summing mixer (retails for $1600) Basically this is a mini console w/ 3 mic pres, Neve style EQ, & 1176 compressor. Can Blend all 3 mics to a single output / track in your DAW, just like the old days. The following modules are included:

(3) CAPI VP26 Litz mic pre-amps w/ SL-2520 red dot op-amps. Also included is an extender card to have a module outside of the rack but powered on for maintenance etc... ($1000 for all from CAPI)

(1) Purple Audio Action 500 FET Compressor (their version of an 1176) Retails for $825 Have original box.

(1) N-Sonic N73EQ Neve 1073 style eq. Retails for ~ $170.

This rack would go for about $3495, I'll sell mine for $3000.00.

-Full channel strip from a Solid State Logic SL 9000J console. This module is working and from an impeccably maintained console. The cap for the small fade is missing, but other than that it is in like new condition. I was going to cut it down & rack up the input, dynamics, and EQ sections, but just don't have the time. Get or make a power supply for it, wire up the audio, and you're in business. n $1100.00

-Custom designed / built (by me) 16x2 analog summing mixer with Neve BA283 output stage, including Carnhill transformers, and actual 1973 dated output transistors. Custom designed PCB. Inputs are (2) 8ch D-Subs connectors, and stereo output is male XLR. This unit has a unique feature that no other summing mixer I've seen has, you can swap out the summing resistors for 3 different types (or more if you care to try others), ultra rare Shinko, (with a few Audionote ones) Holco, and regular Dale precision metal film. I have added output pot since the below photos were taken. Also you'll notice one of the Audionote resistors is in the wrong colum in the photo, but that error was fixed. The unit is incredibly quiet & works as it should. This is a unique 1of a kind device to give your final mix a little of that Neve punch. This unit contains more than $600 of just the components to build it! Selling for $1000

00X0X_iBRHCRicNT2z_0CI0b6_1200x900.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Could you post up or message some more pics of your summing rig?
The summing mixer, or the 500 rack? Summing mixer has (2) 8 Ch D-subs for analog inputs, and male xlrs for outputs. Power connector has built in fuse. Power switch and meters on the front. I will get some more pictures up soon.

Thomann sells the Beyerdynamic M160 new for around 450€ which is $481 dollars...

View attachment 94602
I'll admit that is a good deal if you are in France or wherever that is........not gonna get it to the USA for $481................Also looks like they won't be in stock for 4 to 5 weeks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back