Sta-Level type cases..... Round 2 Feeler ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hi Chaps,
Hope you are all doing fine in these crazy times !

Apologies for not getting back sooner, things have been mental hectic the last couple of years and I havent been able to give the time i need to for personal projects etc.
Anyway,

I get quite a few mails / messages regarding another run of the stalevel type cases, and since Avel Lindberg UK shut up shop over a year ago, I havent really had the time to find an alternative supplier.
I'd like to help out and get the cases back in production, These cases use the great stalevel boards from Tony (Zayance) & Bernd (bernbrue) but I'd need to re-jig the design to suit a different mains transformer.
Is there a preferred mains transformer that you'dlike to use in the rev.2 case ? I've been looking at the Sowter, but it might be a bit expensive for some.

Here's the old development thread if you would like a read !

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=59745.120

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I could be for 4 cases with Sowter  &  all pots if still available on your next run.

Let me know,

Regards,

Y J

Hi TLRT,

I’m trying to do the version 1a case with as little as possible  alterations.
I appreciate you have some nice iron, but to utilise them in the case design, I’d have to do some serious re-jigging.

In all honesty, I just haven’t got that amount of free time  to devote to that.
Apologies brother ✊

Hi Chaps,

Sorry for the delay, the usual shift cover / shutdowns etc  ;D

Ive been in touch with the parent company from where I got the potted and cased toroid power transformers, as well as the metalwork / pots and switches people, and I'm waiting on the updated costs.

in the meantime,  heres the list of possible interested -

Hazer Drum - ?
igrecji - x4 ?
reality control - ?
myers1st - 1?
terje - 1-2 ?
jona - 1 ?
Rob Gould - 1?
fallout - 1?
Uptownsquash - 1?

Best,
Steve

Hi Jakob,
Hope you are well.
The thread is more of a feeler at the moment, and as soon as I’ve got all parts in, I’ll take it over to the white market, same as last time.

I’ve altered the post name to suit.

Back