Steve Jobs gone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

It's been announced that Steve Jobs passed away.

200px-Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP.jpg

press release

Oct. 5, 2011, 7:34 p.m. EDT

Statement by Apple's Board of Directors
CUPERTINO, Calif., Oct 05, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

SOURCE: Apple

He definitely made his mark on the world.
56 years young.  Such a shame.

I had the opportunity to rub elbows with Steve years ago and later to meet and chat with Woz and hang out at Apple with everyone who worked directly with Steve.  I'll never forget it.  The atmosphere of changing the world was definitely there.  Everyone knew they were creating a revolution. 

Working with the Mac, the amazing GUI, later copied (many say stolen) by Microsoft, has changed all our lives, and then the bringing to the masses of desktop publishing, and later MIDI on the Mac, then pro audio on the Mac, all were empowering and revolutionary.  All collapsed older established ways of doing things.  Steve's slogan was to make "a computer for the rest of us."  And he did it. 

And then he did it again with the iPod, and then he revolutionized phones with the iPhone, which everyone is desperately copying, and then the iPad, which everyone is copying now, bringing changes to mobile computing which we are just now experiencing.  With yesterday's announcement of Siri, he is bringing the first simple Artificial Intelligence to the masses now in the new iPhone 4S.  Someone blogged, the iPhone 4S means, "for Steve."  Seems true. 

Astonishing how he has touched all of our lives.

We've lost someone who was able to see things so clearly. 

Very sad day, a great tragedy he isn't here for a normal life span. 

We mourn.

Coming from the light - going back to the light

But so early after stopped working, I would have wished he stayed some years to longer.

My first 'real' computer was an APPLE 11. I was hooked from that point onwards.
Steve Jobs,  Eternal peace.

Frank B.

Sad indeed and gone so fast after him quitting.....; RIP

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
Steve Jobs

32071310150408125976495.jpg

peterc said:
Sad indeed and gone so fast after him quitting.....; RIP

He only quit because he was going.....

Am I the only one who is very cynical here?

Peter

I was aware of that, but not of his state of health, that's why i tought it was pretty fast....
I would have quitted a year before at least, but this thing was all his life so....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/last-american-who-knew-what-the-fuck-he-was-doing,26268/

Back