Storm Eunice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

We lost the majority of the 6ft high fence between us and our neighbours yesterday. My neighbour Alan and his sons abandoned work and managed to dismantle and stack it all up on his lawn. I managed to unfix the armoured mains cable that ran along the fence to my workshop before he did that so I still have electricity and internet down there but it was so windy last night I decided to stay in and binge watch Reacher on Amazon Prime. Still very windy today. The potted xmas tree on the veranda was on its side but other than that no further damage.

Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
When did we start naming weather? I had a high wind advisory yesterday in front of a cold front coming through (surely coincidental to your storms).Our windy weather was not named, but triggered a weather advisory.

I am finally getting around to reading the Bjorn Lomborg book "False Alarm". I didn't read it right away when I first bought it, because I think I know the ending, but lots of smart observations on the way to getting there.

JR

[edit- I just did a search and Eunice seems noteworthy winds.
My local wind event blew over a tractor trailer truck one state east of me AL. /edit]

Last edited:
Back