• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Studer 089 rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic Society

Hi

Im looking for tips or referance on a great audioTech that could rack two channels of a studer 089 for me.

Thanks.
all the best
Vegard
[email protected]
Subsonic Society
Norway

Attachments

• 69CC81C3-7DDE-4D5B-9C14-E56F4978C3E4.jpeg
    69CC81C3-7DDE-4D5B-9C14-E56F4978C3E4.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 66510716-44D1-4EA2-900F-4965D3BC8CFA.jpeg
    66510716-44D1-4EA2-900F-4965D3BC8CFA.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 66
Maybe you could do it yourself with our help.

What do you think?
Hi. Thanks for answering.

Im a bit scared my technical skills are to bad. I got a tips from Christian Whitmore (pro audio tubes) to post a post here to see if I could find someone to work with on this project. Im looking for someone with Studer experience, and I got this as a project I want to do with someone that's good and can make a good job both technical and visual.

all the best
Vegard

Welcome here

Im looking for someone with Studer experience, and I got this as a project I want to do with someone that's good and can make a good job both technical and visual.

Then the question is what amount are you able to spend.
Pro job by pro pple is not cheap, especially with a design/enclosure from scratch which request some time...

Best
Zam

Welcome here

Then the question is what amount are you able to spend.
Pro job by pro pple is not cheap, especially with a design/enclosure from scratch which request some time...

Best
Zam
Hi
For me this is a priority project so Im not afraid to spend money on it as long as im sure the design and job will be done the right way by a great Tech and that I have a 2 channel micpreamp and line mixer that works and sound like the channels on a 089 mixer when its finish.
of Someone could do that i be more than happy to pay the price.
all the best
Vegard

Do you have mating connector and a line output card ?
As is you won't have proper output level, internal console level is about 25dB lower than line level.
Best
Zam

Do you have mating connector and a line output card ?
As is you won't have proper output level, internal console level is about 25dB lower than line level.
Best
Zam
Hi Thanks
Reply, i will need to check. A line output card i maybe have. i just need to go threw the boxes with studer spare parts. What Is a mating connector?
All the best
Vegard

Subsonic: I am a Designer of "rack-mount" chassis and enclosures and perhaps I may be able to assist you with your project. I have designed all manner of 1U rack-chassis for audio and video electronics, including a 4U prototype rack-chassis for the world's first "AM & FM Digital Radio Broadcast Exciter" and up to a 12U (21" high / 304.8mm) rack-chassis card-cage for a 256-input X 256-output "Video Matrix Router/Switcher". And, I had also designed all of the PCB's that went into these rack-chassis. This link down below will visually show you some of my rack-chassis designs:

Some Of My Rack-Mount Chassis Designs
Click on the link above

I can see your e-mail address that you posted, so if you would like to work together on this project of yours, we can then communicate directly, instead of cluttering up this forum and thread with details.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you shortly to discuss further any details about your racking project.

Regards,

JBW
Senior Electronics Mechanical Packaging Designer
(and.....Recording Engineer / Producer)

/

I wish you would go through details in this thread instead of doing it private.
This is exactly what I need to do.
By the way, "zamproject" is the most expert tech guy in the studer x89. You can learn a lot from him.

Hi Thanks
Reply, i will need to check. A line output card i maybe have. i just need to go threw the boxes with studer spare parts. What Is a mating connector?
All the best
Vegard
Subsonic: Whatever happened to your STUDER racking project? Do you still need to have your "089" modules racked-up? Were you able to review my rack chassis designs within the URL link I had provided you in May 2021? What's happening???

/

I wish you would go through details in this thread instead of doing it private.
This is exactly what I need to do.
By the way, "zamproject" is the most expert tech guy in the studer x89. You can learn a lot from him.
What do you need to have designed and/or racked-up??? See my previous response that has a link to several of my rack-mount chassis designs in order to see some examples of the rack-chassis designs I have done for other companies. Just let me know what you need, OK???

/

Thanks for responding, I checked your link, it looks great.
I have the preamps and the dual line amp. I think with the I/O connections and the right psu I can make it. I need to find a right psu for it with 24v and 48v.
https://www.labo-k-effects.com/shop2/en/power-supply/19-24v48v-psu-kit.html#/62-config-complete_kitI found this, but can't order it to my country. Someone recommended a switching psu as a better option.
Any help would be great.
[I found this, but can't order it to my country] -- If you think about something hard and long enough.....you can come up with an "alternative" method!!! As an example, I could possibly order this power-supply for you from here in the U.S. and then have it -- dropped-shipped -- to you, wherever it is that you live.

[Someone recommended a switching psu as a better option] -- There are all manner of "Power-Supply" threads on this forum. Do some checking around and see if an SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply) is what you really want. As in most things "audio", there are "Pro's & Con's" with using them. As in.....they may be small and inexpensive, but they - may - also have a higher ripple current and higher noise level. In addition, depending upon however it is that you are planning on racking your project, a completely separate power-supply may not be the best way to go. Perhaps incorporating the power-supply onto the same PCB as your other electronics might be a better scenario. Basically, everything depends upon what your "project vision" goal is. For me, whenever I'm involved with the design of a new project, I try to imagine how everything can be placed and mounted onto a single PCB or as few separate PCB's as possible. Then, I start specifying all of my electro-mechanical components that will achieve my mental goal. The next thing that I know.....I have a completed BOM!!!

[I checked your link, it looks great] -- THANKS!!! If I am able to assist you.....just let me know, OK??? I'm here just collecting dust!!!

/

It's a very kind of you "Midnight Arrakis".
I can manage to buy that in some way, but wondered maybe I can find it in my city if I know what should I exactly look for.
I have the line amps as well. I was thinking to just connect and power them up to see what do I need to change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-162430.png
    Screenshot_20220315-162430.png
    808.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220315-161051.png
    Screenshot_20220315-161051.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 10
Back