• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Studer 169 EQ pair for 500 series

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockprocess

Up for sale are a pair (2) of DIY Studer 169EQs for the 500 series chassis. These were built by an experienced builder and work great! They're currently loaded with NE5534 opamps but can be loaded with any 2520 style opamp for even extra mojo. It has transformer balanced inputs and electronically balanced outputs. 

I tried these with GAR2520s in the Hi/Low bands and it made it sound slightly more detailed.  I was surprised how good the stock NE5534s actually sounded.  I love this pair and hate to part with them.  I need cash to pay for a vintage Mutron pedal for a current project.

$350 or best offer for the pair.

Low shelving filter +/- 15dB. Default frequency is 20 Hz as in the original circuit,
High shelving filter +/- 15dB. Default frequency is 20 kHz as in the original circuit,
Presence/absence filter +/- 12dB. Frequency continuously adjustable from 150 Hz to 7 kHz.

Low shelving filter +/- 15dB. Default frequency is 20 Hz as in the original circuit,
High shelving filter +/- 15dB. Default frequency is 20 kHz as in the original circuit,
Presence/absence filter +/- 12dB. Frequency continuously adjustable from 150 Hz to 7 kHz.

Latest posts

Back