Studio A: A discussion of general pro audio interests.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
Welcome!

The goal of this forum is to encourage discussion of general pro audio topics...music, gear, application, etc, WITHOUT the flame wars and proliferation of black magic pseudoscience that we see so often in other popular pro audio forums.
This is pro audio discussion done our way. :)
Enjoy!

Excellent idea! 

I like this because often when questions about mods and builds come up I've often thought of a possible  answer in terms of how exactly it will be used in a real world app as opposed to staying strictly technical.

ex:  "Can I do - - - - ? "  Sure - you could but will it be useful? - kind of thing.

This may be great way for people to share the details of the end uses of their builds and how it effects the approach to design and modifications plus project selection.

I have friends that are really good at the technical design side of things and other friends that are incredibly talented end-user recording engineers.
I always thought that it was interesting watching my recording engineer friends use gear in ways that the designer never intended, but just getting great sounds doing it!
Science AND Art.  I feel you can't really have one without the other.

I hope Studio A promotes a lot of healthy discussion on how we use all the great gear we're building!
Enjoy!

Ethan...I'm off to Jamaica in two weeks where I will contemplate this new addition and the design of a mixing box with tube summing amps and transformers of course. I will not smoke.

Great! Especially since GS died for me... Seems more like an advertisement platform for the industrie today. The german ones are flooded with "Gangsters" and "Rappers" - annoying.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back