Studio Electroni Z 5600 schematic anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_luke

Hello all :)
A friend of mine owns a SE z-5600, the "A" version, the first generation.
It has developed a somewhat intermittent frying noise and random crackling....

There seems to be very little information about this mic and I can't find a schematic for the mic and its attendant PSU.
This should not be a state secret...

He's had it for more than 15 years so the first thing I told him is to replace all the electrolytic capacitors with new and better ones (while at it).

Meanwhile, does any one here has the schematics?
Thanks, Luc

I wasn't sure i had it, but it turns out i did have the schematic for the mic. Although i'm not 100% convinced the capsule connections really are (or should be) the way they're drawn...

Looks like the Apex 460 schematic largely, though.

PSU can't be anything too "sci-fi", except for the fixed capsule bias divider being in there, not inside the mic itself (the "V" line coming in on pin 4).

Tube going bad, perhaps?

Attachments

• SE Z5600A mic.pdf
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
I wasn't sure i had it, but it turns out i did have the schematic for the mic. Although i'm not 100% convinced the capsule connections really are (or should be) the way they're drawn...

Looks like the Apex 460 schematic largely, though.

PSU can't be anything too "sci-fi", except for the fixed capsule bias divider being in there, not inside the mic itself (the "V" line coming in on pin 4).

Tube going bad, perhaps?
This look very much like the Apex indeed, which I own two!
Thank you for this.... :)

Latest posts

Back