Studiomaster Classic Mixdown 8

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billkhillard

I have an old studiomaster classic mixdown 8 . 24 channel board. Several of the gain pots are not good even after cleaning. They are alphax10k pots. I can find nothing on these at all. Any help?

Looks like a 16mm pot, vertical PCB mount. The RV16AF-20 series. You can find the exact model on the datasheet - measure the shaft length etc...
It is a 10k ohm and I had to look at the schematic, because of the weird X10k label, but the gain pot is a C10k, reverse audio taper.
So the part number is RV16AF-20-(shaftlength)K-C10k-3
With the shaft length in mm, which you'll have to measure
This is a 15mm shaft length version available from Mouser

Attachments

• studiomaster.png
    studiomaster.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 2
Can you help me with this one also? It is the low frequency pot on the eq of the same board. It is a B10k

Attachments

• 0210231346.jpg
    0210231346.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
B means linear, 10k ohms

If they don't have it at Mouser, check Amplified Parts. They have some vertical PCB mount pots.

Can anyone give some guidance on this 4560 727 H93 op amp? Can't find a matching number to replace it

Attachments

• 0215231846_HDR.jpg
    0215231846_HDR.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
@billkhillard I picked up a couple of Studiomaster channel strips out of storage yesterday, to try to help you with the gain pot issue. In a nutshell, the previous owner had replaced the gain pots in these strips with better units, so he had done the legwork already. Downside is (on the new pots) the shafts are round and the original knobs do not fit.

If you don't have it already resolved, let me know.

If there are any 4560 727 H93 on these strips (they're out in the car at the moment) I would be glad to pull them and drop them in the mail. I have some karma I need to pass along...

Send me a quick pm if so.

This model's channel strips utilize two NE5532 and a pair of discrete transistors. :(

However, if you still need any B10k pots, there are three of them per strip. I can get them in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: I was curious about the 4560 chips & found help, doubt about the difference between an integrated ba4560 and a 4558

Apparently it's a better driver than (and an upgrade to) the ubiquitous 4558.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back