super 77 transfer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptron

well i just got general questions about this technique.. i tried on a pannel with different papers but one was too thin and got wrinkled with the printing others too thick and needed heat for the transfer... in any case.. the paper pealed off and no ink stayed onto the super 77 at all..

id like to know if u guys know the name of any paper that will definitley work on this and not peel with the glue? (if its thin would be better i think to know where the letters and numbers are and apply the pressure)

thanks a lot!! :)

It's not "Paper". It's the backing to a sheet of labels... Peel all the labels off... see that silky, shiny-ness? That's what you want to print on...

ok so i cant really get any paper like this one on big size / rolls or at least tabloid measurments (17x11") cus only "paper" like that i find is in normal letter size i got a few printable stickers ... like from office depot laser stickers.

thanks a lot for your reply.

Just to add to this, yesterday i tried for myself this transfer technique, the paper without labels went ok, but i bought 3M photo mount spray, the only avaiable in Staples office centre here, and it doesnt work at all... it gets the image into the metal, but then it never dries out, its always sticky... 24h has passed and is as gluy as it was when i sprayed it...
Do you guys know any other spray that works? Super77 seems to be impossible to buy here..

There should be enough info about this method in an older thread by ssltech.
Maybe use the search funktion!  ;)

@pedrocruz: I think you have to spray the surface with clear laquer...

pedrocruz said:
Just to add to this, yesterday i tried for myself this transfer technique, the paper without labels went ok, but i bought 3M photo mount spray, the only avaiable in Staples office centre here, and it doesnt work at all... it gets the image into the metal, but then it never dries out, its always sticky... 24h has passed and is as gluy as it was when i sprayed it...
Do you guys know any other spray that works? Super77 seems to be impossible to buy here..

now you need to spray it with a clear lacquer let it dry and you should be good to go.

Here's a thread describing the process

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=991.msg12976#msg12976

thanks for the help! yeah i read that post too several times :D i thought any kinda glossy paper would do or that there would be some way of calling that backing paper... i see there is none.

thanks again tho

@pedro and the rest... about the photo mount 3m thingy.... im pretty sure super 77 does get hard eventually im not sure if lacquer will dry on a wet surface.. maybe worth givin a shot!

.. i got super 77 from office depo / office max big chain i think its american. u possibly can get somewhere that sells supplies for designers etc.

Sorry for bitching but is this unclear?

(From the horse´s mouth)
Leave the Super 77 about an hour to dry (in a dust-free area!!!) then start misting a few light coats of clear lacquer (I used ?Krylon?) as a protective coating, to make sure that the design doesn?t easily chip off.

or

Once it's right, just let it dry out for a while, then seal it in with some lacquer.

well super 77 like keith says... it dries out in an hour or so.... 3m photo mount on the other hand, like pedro says, doesnt. i thought might be a considerable difference for the lacquer to work the same in a moist surface.. maybe im wrong ;D but id try to get super 77 anyways.

I bought yesterday a Clear Lacquer and tried on top of the "not-even-in-500-years-this-stuff-will-dry" 3M photo mount Spray, and it seems to block it nicely, altought the photo mount spray is not very evenly coated thanks to its almost foamy texture... will see when i get to painted metal...
Thnks

Sredna said:
Oh, I see!  :-[

Well someone has to try!  ;D

BTW I have a bottle of Herradura Reposado standing on the shelf, nice stuff indeed!

Viva Mexico!

hehe herradura is nice one :) u have to try sometime 12 year aged sauza.. is really nice

k ive tried now ... it works!! i tried printing in this seethru kinda paper (the one u use a projector with).. it really works! problem is my pannels are black and light colours arent sticking . maybe too little ink on them. red purple green stick very well tho

will make a couple more trys but maybe ill go laser hehe
im sure on a clear pannel it works wonders!

Latest posts

Back