Superbowl LVII

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been an NFL fan since the 90s when a single live game was first broadcast once a week in the UK. I am a Broncos fan (don't laugh, Elway is a god). The Superbowl is always broadcast live on the BBC. Go Chiefs!
Cheers

Ian

Wonder if that last personal foul would've made a difference. It was only 5 yards and the kicker seemed to have more of that anyway....

I was rooting for both teams really... Burrow is fun to watch too.Both of those quarterbacks are insanely good. Hopefully Mahomes can heal up nicely before the big game. That's gotta suck...

In lockdown I had a subscription to NFL Game Pass. My favourite was Red Zone - 8 hours of total action and no commercials. Sweet. I bet Dante helped out a lot.

Cheers

Ian
For the amount of audio connections they pipe through the building to various locations, I can’t imagine any other way that would be as flexible and efficient. As much as I love analog, dante in this case is the only way.

Last edited:
For the amount of audio connections they pipe through the building to various locations, I can’t imagine any other way that would be as flexible and efficient. As much as I love analog, dante in this case is the only way.
I agreee the NFL set up is huge but I have been involved in biggish ones for TV back in the days before PCs existed. One was for RTE Television in Dublin. They had a huge Fernseh video switcher that routed all their cameras, telecines, VTRs, OBs to and from production desks. It was a row of 19 inch cabinets. Neve got the job to route and control all the talkback to/from production to cameras, telecine operators etc. All we were given was a spare pare of contacts on each video switch of the Fernseh switcher. No good for audio but OK for dc. So we used them plus a bunch of logic to dynamically route talkback. So if a producer operated his Camera 1 TB key our system routed his talkback mic to the phones of the camera 1 . Ditto for VTRs etc.

Cheers

ian

I agreee the NFL set up is huge but I have been involved in biggish ones for TV back in the days before PCs existed. One was for RTE Television in Dublin. They had a huge Fernseh video switcher that routed all their cameras, telecines, VTRs, OBs to and from production desks. It was a row of 19 inch cabinets. Neve got the job to route and control all the talkback to/from production to cameras, telecine operators etc. All we were given was a spare pare of contacts on each video switch of the Fernseh switcher. No good for audio but OK for dc. So we used them plus a bunch of logic to dynamically route talkback. So if a producer operated his Camera 1 TB key our system routed his talkback mic to the phones of the camera 1 . Ditto for VTRs etc.

Cheers

ian
Very nice.

Latest posts

Back