Surplus in Upstate NY?

jrmintz

Hi all,

I think it's unlikely, but does anyone know of an electronic suplus place in the Adirondack Region of upper NY State? Or someplace that might be of interest to a lab member? If I have to go to another craft shop I'm going to go insane....well, more insane.

:green:

Thanks

NewYorkDave

Seth, aren't you in Westchester, or did you move upstate?

To me, "upstate" means Albany and points north. Of course, everything is "upstate" to NYC folks, but I believe our region (Hudson Valley) is still considered "downstate" by most definitions.

At any rate, the only surplus place I'm aware of, anywhere around here, is P&T in Kingston:
http://www.ptsurplus.com/

Last time I visited, they had little in the way of electronics, but I'd assume that their stock probably rotates constantly.

StephenGiles

As a humble Englishman, I've never got to grips with a lot of USA jargon like uptown, downtown, upstate and downstate etc, as no doubt the USAians have problems with queue, lift and lavatory. You see, I would have thought that downtown would mean that you go down a hill to the town, and uptown would logically mean you go uphill to a town......that is logically.....but there are a lot of illogical things in the USA, like in a restaurant a server can be both a waiter and a waitress, and a North American Native Indian can be an Injun!
Stephen

jrmintz

Thanks, Dave.

Yes, I live in Westchester but this week I'm in a little house alongside Schroon Lake in the Adirondacks. Other than swimming and hiking (and eating) there isn't much to do. My back is acting up so I can't exercise too much. I try to be a good sport taking my wife and kid to antique shops and amusement parks and stuff, but just for a little comic relief I'd love to find something that interests me. Once, about ten years ago I found a Gates SA-38 limiter and a Western Electric passive equalizer in the basement of an old radio station, but nothing since. The problem with vacations for me is that I really love what I do and I usually don't want to go away. I owe it to the family, though.

Regards from the deep woods!

Latest posts