sweet Justice for bringing boy bands to the world

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I never liked him. Met him numerous times, and I always feel like I need to wash my hands afterwards... -ugh.

Last time I was him was backstage at a Scissor Sisters gig, where he was schmoozing Kool & the Gang... makes me shudder.

He's acted very foolishly. He has made enemies in all the local press, and now the press LOVES to print dirt, and as a result he gets battered in the press.

Actually, he DIDN'T really 'bring up' the boy bands. He signed them to a deal with a fairly useless company, that's why they ALL left.

The REAL talent is Johnny Wright. IIRC, he was the manager for both of the majorly successful bands, ('N*Sync and Backstreet boyz) and previously he also managed New Blocks on the Kid.

Johnny and his wife generally keep a low profile, and don't try to get as much publicity as Lou Pearlman. they also understand the business. Lou Pearlman also bombed with his "O-Town" band, after the ABC 'Making the band" show gave it -and him- PLENTY of publicity.

I know at least one other forum member here works -or perhaps worked- for Lou P. and I hope he's not going to get to financially battered by all this. He knows the whole Lou story a lot better than I do, but he doesn't have to tell it...

Keith

He's acted very foolishly. He has made enemies in all the local press, and now the press LOVES to print dirt, and as a result he gets battered in the press.

Gee, Keef - according to his autobiography, which I got about a third of the way through, he's a warm, hard-working, generous guy who treats his employees as if they were his family....

You might well ask why on earth I would buy his autobiography. I thought it might help me figure out how to make money, something I've never been very good at. Now this...

keef having met the guy I would call him the anti-christ but i resevrve that for the guy who is bringing menudo back to the tune 100 Million. long story on that... I heard he bats for the other team and not that i care but aparently in order to be one of his boy bands, one member has to take one for the team. get fudge packed if you know what I mean.... anyway I don't know if it is true nor do I care but makes you wonder about each of those groups and who ti could have been :razz:

Funny this should come up, my niece is in a GIRL band

and doing well in the EU where these bands do well..

all expences paid and hopefully she'll make some money

down the road...

The bands called SOCCX.....

Steve @ Apex Jr.

[quote author="pucho812"]keef having met the guy I would call him the anti-christ but i resevrve that for the guy who is bringing menudo back to the tune 100 Million. long story on that... I heard he bats for the other team and not that i care but aparently in order to be one of his boy bands, one member has to take one for the team. get fudge packed if you know what I mean.... anyway I don't know if it is true nor do I care but makes you wonder about each of those groups and who ti could have been :razz:[/quote]

WTF. to...much...info

orlando is full of these type "music biz" people. I worked for another independent label that did biz just as "shadily" (is that a word?, probably not). my boss was the nice, good guy in the bunch and got royally screwed. also, my best friend had a few rolling stone chart hits with them and when i came back into town, "they" were in the studio with some other cats using my buddies name. my friends father (top local lawyer) stopped it, but damn! one of many stories. no wonder they are out of biz and in europe selling the music they did here without any money coming to the artist. another common trick i know several people do here. damn, now LA sounds normal!

Yeah, I won't post anything unsubstantiated which might be libellous or slanderous. I can say that I don't find him to be a very wholesome individual.

I'd characterise his presence in the room as 'wheezy and greazy'. You can hear when he enters, even if he tiptoes in wearing brothel-creepers. -The whole ensemble is something which -I would imagine- would put ANYONE who presents themselves in such a manner to a business meeting at a disadvantage. -I have always imagined that the only people who don't come away from meeting him sniggering about his general manner and demeanour are those star-struck people who don't know anything about the business or power dynamics in general.

The guy's just slimy and unwholesome in my view. There's no way you don't come away from shaking his hand without shuddering and looking for some soap or a sanitizing towelette.

The studio complex which he built here has its good points. Nice big console, decent outboard gear and actually some very good staff. -Of course the main export is teen-mush, but it still takes a certain skill to do it well. -I'm fairly certain that if I tried to record a teen band and make it sound like a hit, I'd be missing many of the skills to make the uber-polished product, and it would take me a good while to get up to the throughput-rate and efficiency level that these people have mastered.

I'll say this though: Many of the Backstreet boys/N-Sync are actually staggeringly pleasant people. I know I read a lot of Timberlake-bashing after the Grammy award performances, but he's good, he's self deprecating, and he's actually VERY funny. (I mean... C'mon... -We ALL laughed at "dick-in-a-box", after all.) I hope he gets some sort of privacy; he's a decent bloke. It would be VERY sad if he and the rest of them got mauled and 'fishbowled' by the press to the extent that Anna-Nicole did. Britney's obviously having a hard time flying straight and level, but Justin seems to be coping really well, considering he's getting just as much heat.

But Lou Pearlman is a different animal. I really think that he stumbled luckily into his fortune, and he's possibly lost it just as easily.

Just goes to show; there really is a GUARANTEED way to make a small fortune in the music biz...

...-start with a large fortune.

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]
Just goes to show; there really is a GUARANTEED way to make a small fortune in the music biz...

...-start with a large fortune.

Keith[/quote]
almost had water shoot out of my nose on that one :thumb:

http://www.easybackgroundcheck.com/loupearlman.html

Pearlman.jpg

Look at the sweat stains... -I can still hear the wheezing.

BTW, I'm not in that or any other photo with LJP.

Keef

Well if the rumor about takin' one for the team is correct, at least the guy on the left in the photo might not find it quite as disgusting.

No, on second thought, having seen his supposed partner, he'd find it even more disgusting :roll:

It might look like Lance with the blacked-out eyes, but it isn't... I see what you mean if you're suggesting that. -No, I think that the two kids in the pic were just visitors to the transcon studios building who happened to have their pictures taken with Señor Sleaze. I elected to mask their identities to prevent them being implcated in any potential greaseball-bashing, but didn't notice that it just made the kid on the left look more like Lance...

Interesting point though: I had noticed that the people who visited there out of awe and worship were typically people who admired and/or asipred to the boy-band "look". When you remove distinguishing details like the eyes, they all start to look the same!

Keith

call me crazy but even if that was given to me free I couldn't take it. It would just smell of filth, fat, fraud, and the scent of young boys being strapped across it. I am sure that console has many skeletons of it's own.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070613/ap_en_ot/people_lou_pearlman

It's all for sale.

Anyone want me to pick something up for them?

Last night I had the writer of a couple of the Backstreet Boys' number ones come to my house to pick up some Lexicons that I'd been repairing for him. -He was lucky. His deals were with the band direct, and NOT with Lou. I think he knows how lucky he was...

Keith

Ha! -He got picked up in Indonesia.

Apparently he should be transferred under US custody to Guam, where he's likely to face charges.

Hmmm... Pearlman... Indinesia... -I wonder what he might get up to in those parts...

Keef

Latest posts

Back