Switchable VCAs for a GSSL?? !!?!?!!??!??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadwould

Switchable VCAs for a GSSL... ??

just thought that it might bea pretty nifty Idea.

a GSSL with 2181s, 2151s, 202(which ever versions. maybe XT), and possibly others.. 2159? or 1252?.... 2155??? Mix and match as you wish!! maybe the response of a 2181 in the sidchain, but 202s for Audio... and then the inverse for another mix...

Granted each of these has different needs for resistance values and other bits to keep them all operating at the ssame leves and the most efficiently... but Hey.. its an Idea.. gotta start somehow. more i think abou tit. it would be a mamoth task to work out how to do it. and probably a PCB the sike of the main PCB just to house 3 or 4 options for each VCA...(when considering all of the extra needed bits... and swithing.. that would be and entertaining thing to tackle...

any thoughts...

am I just being Daft?

ok.. that makes some sence.. So.. Daft it is...

i wonder though.. now much would it take to change the sound from the really rather clean sound of the 2181s with ne5534 and 5532s to something a bit dirtier and gritier...

what would it take...?

well, it was worth a thought.. i shoudl probably just move on to finishing builiding my own Gssl (versus ones for friends) and then hit sone mic pres...

[quote author="gyraf"]..take your distortion trim pot out to a front-panel control..[/quote]

Thats a intersting Idea!

Though with a Thrust switch, I now have no more front panel room left. Probably about time it spent some time in use in the rack anyway ! :grin:

[quote author="Viitalahde"]You mean ill like those who steal their grandmothers panties and talk to squirrels at night all nude with those panties in their heads?
[/quote]

Exactly! :green:

chrissugar

Back