• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale TAC Scorpion 30/8/8/2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

Hi group

A friend is selling his TAC Scorpion (which used to be my desk before). It is the 30 channel, 8 Aux, 8 Group version with 4 additional Return channels. The groups are the split version with a 3band EQ on each monitor return. It has the master VU option installed. Recapping has been done in 2012 including a bunch of modifications which makes it sound great. Esp. the EQ is very musical sounding. There are a few threads here where these mods have been discussed, just search for TAC Scorpion.

All insert jacks have been replaced with gold-contact versions, all outputs are balanced (dir. + group outs are impedance balanced, master and auxes are electronically balanced), all ribbon wires and Molexes have been replaced. The funny original wiring of the desk with two different levels at the same output has been removed completely. That means there are no adapters necessary in contrary to the original state.

Currently it sits in my workshop where it gets some TLC. Everything is working except 6 of 8 Group meters. Since these Telefunken meters are unobtainium it´s not clear if I will be able to repair them, but I´ll try. The desk has a weak spot which is the state of the faders. They haven´t been exercised much in the last ten years, hence quite a few are intermittant. In the current state it still can be used as a summing box, but for hands-on mixing I´d propose to replace the faders. AML sells them at a reasonable price.

The desk comes with two powersupplies (one as spare) + cable and has to be picked up in Baden Baden, Germany. Asking price is 1500€ with a certain degree of negotiation possible. Please no lowball offers. The desk has recorded a bunch of chart entries, since the owner is a session drummer. If you´re interested here´s the contact: 5strokestudio – Jan Hees

cheers
Jens

Latest posts

Back