TC1210 - Leaky trimmer cap?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

I decided to take a look inside my 1210 hoping that there would be some obvious trimmers that I could fool around with to tame the substantial bass boost when it's turned on. There are 9 on each LFO board, so it's far from simple, but there's also a trimmer cap and I can't determine if I'm looking at leaky electrolyte or this is dried up glue that was used to hold the setting on the trimmer. According to the schematic, it's a 2-20p trimmer so I assume it's a high pass filter.

If anyone has the calibration procedure and is willing to share, please do. I have the layout and schems but getting any actual service manual information is proving to be impossible.

What do you think? Goo or glue?

Edit: I'm leaning towards glue. And also that it's to control the oscillator and not a high pass as I initially thought.

TC1210 goo or glue? by Sean Chaney, on Flickr

Last edited:
Trimmer caps shouldn't leak any kind of "goo". So I would say it's some kind of "glue" to lock it down. Or it's blood from an accident (use your imagination).

And trimmer caps like that one are pF sized devices. So they are not used to control low frequency audio in any way. That would require the filter to have an extremely high characteristic impedance which would make for a noisy circuit.

Glue. And by the looks of it, I'd bet there's no way to trim it anymore.
Just verify that it shows some plausible capacitance, and leave it as is...

Axel

Latest posts

Back