TEAC A-2300SX servicing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

i have TEAC 2300SX bought it zillion years ago from ebay... looks like they are going for $450  :eek:
mine use to work, came with ton of music reels (that was the reason i bought it at the first place),
but its been sitting in a box for last 4 years! hooked it up but  reels are having hard time spinning,
even at FW, and rewind!
opened it up, hell its dusty  ::), and lot of mechanical parts, relays etc...
looks like dust off aint gonna cut it! need pro servicing.... any idea who to hit in LA area, west LA would be better!
or, doesn it even worth servicing, just sell it ? and get something more decent!

kambo said:
i have TEAC 2300SX bought it zillion years ago from ebay... looks like they are going for $450  :eek:
mine use to work, came with ton of music reels (that was the reason i bought it at the first place),
but its been sitting in a box for last 4 years! hooked it up but  reels are having hard time spinning,
even at FW, and rewind!
opened it up, hell its dusty  ::), and lot of mechanical parts, relays etc...
looks like dust off aint gonna cut it! need pro servicing.... any idea who to hit in LA area, west LA would be better!
or, doesn it even worth servicing, just sell it ? and get something more decent!
WD40 is your friend, though not on rubber parts, where isopropylic alcool reigns. You have to know what you're doing, which starts by locating all the bearings, shafts and axles.

abbey road d enfer said:
WD40 is your friend, though not on rubber parts, where isopropylic alcool reigns. You have to know what you're doing, which starts by locating all the bearings, shafts and axles.

will give it another try.... its a heavy beast to keep carrying to my workbench!

Back