team politics talking points.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

Let me begin by saying that I've done everything that the current forum coding allows—I've ignored this thread, and yet it still shows up in the 'most recent posts' when I log in. I can assure you that this is not user error. Feel free to ask anyone else that's done the same—there's no way to avoid seeing these posts when logging in.

The descent into madness is so obvious that any user that comes here out of an interest in electronics and audio will immediately be drawn into an us-versus-them conversation, regardless of their willingness to participate. Those that are compelled to participate, even in the interest of trying to moderate or draw the conversation back toward civility, are more likely than not going to be turned away from GroupDIY.

If my own credentials are to be called into question, then I will be the first to admit: I have taken far more than I have given here. When it comes to electronics and electrical engineering, I am but a child. I have next to nothing to give but my collection of manuals and documentation, which I will willingly share with the community. However, if we only operate with a ratio-driven algorithm, the mass majority will never see this site. As such, I made a point to donate to the site's upkeep tonight.

Conversely, I believe this forum represents the community of those regularly engaged in audio electronics. I think a survey of those that are working in our combined fields of audio and electronics would reveal that the vast majority have very little understanding of electronics coupled with little interest in engaging with strongly partisan—and especially fringe—politics. This thread has become such an irredeemable cesspool of anger that it bears little to no resemblance to the rest of the forum. I've had cordial conversations with many, if not most, of the users in this thread, and I don't see any resemblance between those interactions and the conversation reflected here.

You're very obviously an intelligent man. I offer no flattery, only genuine admiration coupled with a plea for civility: lock this thread now, and open no more threads that invite users to behave this way. We both know in our hearts that at some point the forum has lost its quality, important voices to this kind of animus. It's not necessary, and arguably, it's not valuable in any sense of the word.

I sincerely hope that you'll give my plea the thought it deserves and contribute to the general welfare of this forum. Stopping children from fighting isn't cancel culture, and it surely isn't authoritarianism. GroupDIY isn't a model U.N. or even a representation of the United States—it's just a forum for talking about audio electronics. If you take a moment to weigh it out, I think you'll see what I mean.

Thank you,
Cody

Last edited:
Fallout continues this point and there have been zero deaths at the "safe injection sites" that also provide direction and assistance for rehab. His points are filled with fear and hate against others unlike him and against people he thinks are "less" than him, yet he wants more people to be born from the people he hates. Crazy.

edit: guns kill others, ODs kill themselves by willingly taking a chance. WAY DIFFERENT.

edit2: even worse, he refuses to acknowledge the truth of corporations avoiding REGULATIONS that hooked all these people on opioids. I have worked events for some of these pharma companies and heard them discuss how to deal with these situations. DISGUSTING.
Besides attacking my character and making stuff up (typical of you) you ignore the fact that the situation in SF is due to 60+ years of liberal policies.

You do realize that democrats take just as much cash from the pharma companies as republicans?
Keep consuming the us vs them media. Gullible does not begin to describe the knee jerk reaction by the haters.
LOL

@iturnknobs, is the same guy who says "America sucks" and professes his hate of folks that don't share his beliefs with over-emotional responses every chance he gets, no?

Last edited:
You cancelled the covid politics thread, but I suspect you allow this thread to survive because points you agree with are forcefully pushed. Cancel away.
I may lock (not cancel) this thread too if it continues to attract poop flinging. I started this thread and have been a student of politics for several decades, if I am alone in this pursuit I should give up. Herding cats on the internet is a well known waste of time.

Continue to protect the worst offenders...as long as they're on your team.
That is your subjective assessment no doubt colored by your personal filter (bias).

Fallout continues this point and there have been zero deaths at the "safe injection sites" that also provide direction and assistance for rehab. His points are filled with fear and hate against others unlike him and against people he thinks are "less" than him, yet he wants more people to be born from the people he hates. Crazy.
ad hominem... rule #4

Safe injection sites seems crazy. Not crazy is to stock these sites with Narcan (Naloxone) to reverse fentanyl poisoning. Unfortunately that does not help the thousands of young people buying street drugs laced with fentanyl, thanks to tons coming across our southern border. This seems like an act of war by China and is now the leading cause of death for young adults. And why call it overdoses when it is other drugs laced with lethal doses of fentanyl. It is more like poisoning.
edit: guns kill others, ODs kill themselves by willingly taking a chance. WAY DIFFERENT.
True a difference, and ignorant kids need to stop trusting drug dealers on social media. Neither group deserves to die before their time.
edit2: even worse, he refuses to acknowledge the truth of corporations avoiding REGULATIONS that hooked all these people on opioids.
thay have been sued.
I have worked events for some of these pharma companies and heard them discuss how to deal with these situations. DISGUSTING. Keep consuming the us vs them media. Gullible does not begin to describe the knee jerk reaction by the haters.
Big pharma was assisted by the medical community (doctors) who allowed them to make the initial characterization that opioids were not addictive (duh). Big pharma (unless you are talking about China and Mexican cartels( are not responsible for the epidemic of fentanyl poisoning.
John,

Let me begin by saying that I've done everything that the current forum coding allows—I've ignored this thread, and yet it still shows up in the 'most recent posts' when I log in. I can assure you that this is not user error. Feel free to ask anyone else that's done the same—there's no way to avoid seeing these posts when logging in.
you can still ignore it, some days I do
The descent into madness is so obvious that any user that comes here out of an interest in electronics and audio will immediately be drawn into an us-versus-them conversation, regardless of their willingness to participate. Those that are compelled to participate, even in the interest of trying to moderate or draw the conversation back toward civility, are more likely than not going to be turned away from GroupDIY.
over the years I have seen this occur multiple time to multiple different threads. The common thread is that some people lose their cool talking about politics. Some forums ban talking about religion or politics to avoid conflicts. I do not enjoy moderating a stream of insults, often directed at me.
If my own credentials are to be called into question, then I will be the first to admit: I have taken far more than I have given here. When it comes to electronics and electrical engineering, I am but a child. I have next to nothing to give but my collection of manuals and documentation, which I will willingly share with the community. However, if we only operate with a ratio-driven algorithm, the mass majority will never see this site. As such, I made a point to donate to the site's upkeep tonight.

Conversely, I believe this forum represents the community of those regularly engaged in audio electronics. I think a survey of those that are working in our combined fields of audio and electronics would reveal that the vast majority have very little understanding of electronics coupled with little interest in engaging with strongly partisan—and especially fringe—politics. This thread has become such an irredeemable cesspool of anger that it bears little to no resemblance to the rest of the forum. I've had cordial conversations with many, if not most, of the users in this thread, and I don't see any resemblance between those interactions and the conversation reflected here.
not the first or last time... to demonstrate that I will lock this thread and guarantee, the angry posts will reemerge in different threads.
You're very obviously an intelligent man. I offer no flattery, only genuine admiration coupled with a plea for civility: lock this thread now, and open no more threads that invite users to behave this way. We both know in our hearts that at some point the forum has lost its quality, important voices to this kind of animus. It's not necessary, and arguably, it's not valuable in any sense of the word.
I waste a lot of time trying to enforce civility and life would be calmer here without a few of our most active poop flingers as members
I sincerely hope that you'll give my plea the thought it deserves and contribute to the general welfare of this forum. Stopping children from fighting isn't cancel culture, and it surely isn't authoritarianism. GroupDIY isn't a model U.N. or even a representation of the United States—it's just a forum for talking about audio electronics. If you take a moment to weigh it out, I think you'll see what I mean.

Thank you,
Cody
It is not against the rules to argue, the rules cover mutual respect and civility.

I'll lock this thread just to make a point. Start the countdown clock for the next flaming post to break out.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back