Technical Documents section: include DIY project documentation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

I notice there are lots of older projects who's documentation has disappeared.  Maybe (unless there's a designer request against it - yes, there are some) there should be a section where members can re-upload docs/instructions/pics related to orphaned projects. 

I'll add to that; sometimes people re-load in the original build thread, but even if so it's almost always 57 pages down a 143 page thread, so impossible to find.  IF it exists. 

I would consider making it a separate section perhaps named DIY documentation, so all the clone activity doesn't get confused with real legacy designs.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I would consider making it a separate section perhaps named DIY documentation, so all the clone activity doesn't get confused with real legacy designs.

JR

would it be possible to have do the following. When you click on the technical documents section. It opens to two folders.  One folder is commercial resources and schematics, the second folder is DIY projects?  That way you  have a folder file tree of one breaking into two which then break down into all the subfolders.

pucho812 said:
would it be possible to have do the following. When you click on the technical documents section. It opens to two folders.  One folder is commercial resources and schematics, the second folder is DIY projects?  That way you  have a folder file tree of one breaking into two which then break down into all the subfolders.
While I can't speak for Ethan, it might be possible to make Technical documents it's own subforum. (it's now a sub sub forum member of Bulletin sub forum)..  DIY and legacy documentation could be separate sub-sub-forums... under Technical Documents sub forum.

Sorry if I invented words that don't exist, but I would try to KISS and stay with existing forum architecture.

JR 

Latest posts

Back