Telefunken U373 (BK) stereo link question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniTonmann

Hi everyone,

i want to stereo link two U373 (BK), then found a thread in this forum about this subject, but it wasn't mentioned HOW to connect them. As i've found out, pin 16 is used for the control voltage. So do i have to connect just these pins ? I'd assume there must be an in/out for this to work (how would they "know" which unit is supposed to control the other?) ?

There's a description (in german) for the U373 that says it's Pin 16 (Regelspannung), i guess this will be also true for my 373BKs ?
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=%3A%2C30V-S%40R.3%2CP%2CU%5DU%2BW1A8E%5D5%2CS%3CS82YP9%268%60%0A

Can anyone help ? Thanls in advance !

Hi everyone,

i want to stereo link two U373 (BK), then found a thread in this forum about this subject, but it wasn't mentioned HOW to connect them. As i've found out, pin 16 is used for the control voltage. So do i have to connect just these pins ? I'd assume there must be an in/out for this to work (how would they "know" which unit is supposed to control the other?) ?

There's a description (in german) for the U373 that says it's Pin 16 (Regelspannung), i guess this will be also true for my 373BKs ?
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/getfile.cgi?f=:,[email protected],P,U]U+W1A8E]5,S<S82YP9&8`

Can anyone help ? Thanls in advance !
did you find out???

In the U373a you only have to connect pin 16 on both units. There is no in and out. Only the control voltage which has to be linked. The unit where the control voltage is higher will dictate the compression.
But when looking at the schematic of the U373BK I can’t find Pin 16… only pin 24 which is the „Speicher“ and you can try to connect these but I don’t fully understand the manual in regard to this. It has something to do with coupling multiple compressors in a multi channel recording.

i tried to connect pins 18 with 18 on the other unit. because it was unmarked on the u373bk schematic and was "close" to 16. I gambled, but the result was distorsion, then once removed all came back to normal. you say pin 24? i thought it was about metering or something like that. will try soon.

18 is just unbalanced output.
Yes, try to connect pin 24 together on two units.
Meter (100ua) is 27 & 28.

18 is just unbalanced output.
Yes, try to connect pin 24 together on two units.
Meter (100ua) is 27 & 28.
and you were absolutely right, i tested it a lot, to be 100% sure and yes pin 24 IS the u373bk 's stereo link. in the next days i will post a photo of how i arranged it and audioclips also

thanks!

Latest posts

Back